Captain Kostas from the Star

crusin fools

Does any knwo what happened to Captain Kostas that was on the STAR?Wanted to know if there were any repercussions from the incidents in Bermuda and the one in NYC...

The ship was docked at the time, and the ropes snapped in the storm. This was in no way the fault of Captain Kostas.

It's possible that he's on vacation. When I was on the Star in late September Captain Kenneth Harstrom had just got on very recently. For that sailing I believe. So perhaps Captain Kostas will be back in a few weeks.

Both of the incidents you are referring to (hitting the dock in NYC and the ropes breaking in Bermuda) were weather related. If and this is a large IF, Captain Kotas was in any responsible and an action was taken, Norwegian would say that the matter is an internal personnel matter and will not be made public. Captains, Staff Captains and Chief Engineers are assigned as a general rule to 10 weeks on board a ship followed by a 10 week vacation. Sometimes it is a little longer and sometimes it is little shorter.

Both of the incidents you are referring to (hitting the dock in NYC and the ropes breaking in Bermuda) were weather related. If and this is a large IF, Captain Kotas was in any responsible and an action was taken, Norwegian would say that the matter is an internal personnel matter and will not be made public. Captains, Staff Captains and Chief Engineers are assigned as a general rule to 10 weeks on board a ship followed by a 10 week vacation. Sometimes it is a little longer and sometimes it is little shorter.

Yes, that's why I mentioned to the OP that he might be on vacation. The rope breaking "incident" was in September around 2 months ago.

xenagurl, The other one in NYC was last spring and the first time that the Star had docked in NYC this season. At the time, the report was that the currents in the Hudson River were really bad. You would know more about the strength of the Hudson River currents. I do not remember if they were trying to dock as the tides were changing.

Mandy

xenagurl, The other one in NYC was last spring and the first time that the Star had docked in NYC this season. At the time, the report was that the currents in the Hudson River were really bad. You would know more about the strength of the Hudson River currents. I do not remember if they were trying to dock as the tides were changing.

Mandy

My memory is whooosh! LOL I'll be honest to only thing I heard about or remember hearing about) was the ropes thing in Bermuda, I was just trying to ease the OPs mind a bit since it seems that she was concerned. :)

I do remember Captain Kenneth saying that Pier 88 was one of the toughest to dock in due to the currents. Hopefully all is well with Captain Kostas. :)

If I remeber correctly he was the captain because I remember him from a cruise we had on the Jewel in 2010 and was happy to see him again on the Star..he was also the captain on our cruise to Bermuda in September...When i saw him then he said with a smile that the ship "kissed" the dock in April..Glad he is still around...thanks everyone for the information

If I remeber correctly he was the captain because I remember him from a cruise we had on the Jewel in 2010 and was happy to see him again on the Star..he was also the captain on our cruise to Bermuda in September...When i saw him then he said with a smile that the ship "kissed" the dock in April..Glad he is still around...thanks everyone for the information

Well one things for sure, the Star certainly likes to "kiss" things this year! :D That being said, the Star should be deemed the friendliest ship of the NCL fleet. She certainly has one of the friendliest crews at sea. :)

Archived