VIP List - I'm on it so what's it mean

I spoke to my TA about the possiblities of an upgrade from our current balcony on the Spirit. She said they don't start doing that until after final payments are due. (just as many of you have posted here) But she said not to worry as she spoke with an NCL rep who was in town and that I am definitely on the VIP list and will be contacted if and when upgrades are available and she said not to worry that I'd get all the VIP perks even if I never see an upgrade.

I did a search and only saw smatterings of info about the VIP List but no real definitions about what it entails. Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

My guess is that she is really talking about Latitudes and your "level" within it. On every NCL cruise that I have taken, after the first one, I was contacted for upgrades and they have gotten better in both price and stateroom level each time. I am booked for an AF on Star in September and am just waiting until July to see what they offer me this year. As for other perks, they would be things like onboard credit, the Latitudes parties, priority embarkation and debarkation, and such.

If you are in fact on the VIP list you should get some of the perks of the suite passengers. It is all up to the crew on the ship. Things you could look forward to include and invitation to the VIP cocktail party with the Captain, VIP disembarkation, Snacks delivered to your cabin..etc.

My guess is that she is really talking about Latitudes and your "level" within it. On every NCL cruise that I have taken, after the first one, I was contacted for upgrades and they have gotten better in both price and stateroom level each time. I am booked for an AF on Star in September and am just waiting until July to see what they offer me this year. As for other perks, they would be things like onboard credit, the Latitudes parties, priority embarkation and debarkation, and such.

We weren't contacted for upgrades last year on our 2nd NCL cruise although we were invited to the Latitudes party and went through Latitudes checkin. I'll be waiting to see if we are contacted next summer. I wonder if it makes a difference booking with a group or individually.

Thanks for the info. Next week I'll see if I can pin down my TA and see exactly what it is she was talking about.

I'm just curious, my main priority (this my 4th cruise) is relaxation. We've never cruised without the kids and on other cruises we've tried to cram everything in. I think we have finally matured as cruisers and hopefully will take everything at a much slower pace this time! :cool:

I'll trade VIP status for VRP - Very Relaxed Passenger

I just love how TAs throw out stuff like VIP list. I doubt a CL considers someone that is going on their 4th cruise with them as a VIP customer. Princess requires 15+ cruises before you are considered at the highest level of perks. We have sailed on over 30 cruises with various CLs and are not considered VIP with any of them. I wouldn't hold your breath for anything more than an invitiation to the Lattitudes party and the special checkin. Just my opinion based upon 11 yrs of cruising...happy sailing!

I agree Cruiselvr. However, this will only be my second cruise with NCL. The only reason I can think of that my TA mentioned a VIP list (whatever it means:confused: ) is that the last group cruise that I started and hosted sold over 250 bookings.

Could be I guess. I have had no experience with group bookings so I don't know if they keep track of who organizes them but I would think getting a free cabin out of it would be enough according to the CL. You did get a discounted or free cabin from the group booking, right? I've always been told that's the biggest perk from group bookings. Oh with 250, it must have been more than 1 cabin. Boy you must have done alot of work. I hope you got a Penthouse cabin out of the deal. :D:D Happy Sailing!

Archived