Water to bring on board

andynapril

We are cruising in a few weeks and a friend wants to bring a gallon of water. Do you know if they allow you to bring the "equivalent" of 12-20 oz bottles? I don't think they do, but thought I would ask. She said they have allowed it on other cruise lines. Thanks!

Technically, no. But the honest answer is, it depends.

Last cruise, I got on with 6 liter bottles of water (didn't know it was 12 20 oz., just thought 12 bottles). They didn't say anything. But I've seen where others have had them confiscated.

I also get water in the ports and carry them on. I have also brought liter bottles back on (along with rum and vodka that I was bringing back duty free) and not been stopped or had it taken. So it really depends on who is checking your stuff and where you are.

We are cruising in a few weeks and a friend wants to bring a gallon of water. Do you know if they allow you to bring the "equivalent" of 12-20 oz bottles? I don't think they do, but thought I would ask. She said they have allowed it on other cruise lines. Thanks!

What other cruise lines allow is not Carnival allows.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Oh we'll I guess I'm a rule breaker :)

Considering we just got back from a week on the Dream and paid for our 2soda cards and could never find a barkeep to get our drinks for us even though we had tipped them already. I don't feel a bit of remorse.

Awesome. That totally makes it okay. Maybe the barkeep was nursing a sore back from lifting luggage packed with people's "carryon" beverages.

I love it when a wrong is justified with a weak excuse. Rules are rules for a reason. Your convenience doesn't really factor into the equation.

So, it looks like the answer is nobody really knows for sure. I know what the website says, but was just wondering if they hold to that if you bring 6 larger bottles. Anyway, I guess she can just try to bring it. If it gets confiscated it's not the end of the world. Thanks!

Awesome. That totally makes it okay. Maybe the barkeep was nursing a sore back from lifting luggage packed with people's "carryon" beverages.

I love it when a wrong is justified with a weak excuse. Rules are rules for a reason. Your convenience doesn't really factor into the equation.

You mean all the barkeeps??????there was only one at the blue iguana most of the day to do drinks. So that means 1 barkeep for 3 levels of a mega cruise liner. If you want to try and troll me into a rules war it wont work.

We could put all your cruising stuff out there and examine them and I bet your not squeaky clean either. I just have the guts to put mine out there. So people like you can try to belittle me. Glad I was entertaining for you.

End of line..........

That was hardly trolling but think what you want. Considering that I'm not someone who has taken multiple cruises, there may have been a thing or two I didn't do correctly (see above for examples). But I don't proudly proclaim to be a rule breaker on a public forum. Nobody is squeaky clean, but repeatedly doing the wrong thing and bragging about it makes you troll-worthy if that's what I was here to do.

We always take on a 24 pack of 20 oz. bottles of water. We have a special book bag we bought 3 years ago. It is extremely well sewen and holds all 24 bottles just fine. We carry it on with no problem. I have an extremely touchy stomach.

In Miami this past January they pulled us aside and checked every bottle. That was okay because we were really early and only took a few minutes. Will be doing again in 14 days in Long Beach.

Archived