Promenade room on 'NAVIGATOR'

We have done one of these style rooms one time. Thoughts below:

1) They are of similar size to any interior.

2) They are relatively good for sound proofing. You do not here during daily activities or evening, but may hear some of the parades, though muffled.

3) You have a bench seat at the window to watch the people traffic, but with little sound it is not that entertaining.

4) Remember to close the curtains as others on the other side can see in your room as well as passengers in the promenade below.

5) You do get some light, but not much as you are looking into the promenade which is not brightly lit.

All in all they are similar to interior rooms with no added value for the additional cost.

My sons and DIL had promenade rooms and absolutely loved them! They said the window makes a huge difference in the "feel" of the room, and they really enjoyed watching the parades from the window. They even "partied" with the group directly across from them during the parade! :D

My MIL has one on our cruise next month, and she is really looking forward to it instead of an inside cabin.

Watch the prices, because I got all of our promenades for really good prices: under $700 for 7 nights.

We had a PR room on FOS. The room feels larger. All of TxKroozers comments are valid with the exception of the value. IMO for the few bucks more it is worth it especially if you want to avoid the crowds of the parade and still see the parades.

If you books a PR room, as stated above keep those curtains closed when not viewing the Promenade. And if you are viewing the promenade, be covered. It is real easy to see into the rooms from across the promenade.

We have a PR room for our upcoming Navigator cruise. I hope you enjoy.

I was on the Navigator a few weeks ago and loved our promenade room. We were in 7583, midship. I loved sitting in the window for people watching and also for the parades. There wasn't much noise during the day. In the evenings, there would sometimes be music playing that we could hear, but it wasn't bad. You will definitely hear every bit of the parades. I would love to book a promenade room again.

Here's a link some the pictures of the room in my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1734004&page=6

Archived