spa treatments

cruise fairy

What does everyone think is the best spa treatment in Lotus Spa?

I had a manicure and pedicure on the Golden last year and LOVED it! But have been reading some posts where folks weren't too happy with the Spa.

I was thinking of adding facial and massage to my Spa day, not sure if I want to spend the money after reading some of the posts.....what does everyone think?

Following the horrific experience I had on the Star Princess, I will never again use shipboard spa services. I had also done spa treatments on other lines that were also run by Steiner, but the Star experience was by far the worst.

Here is an excerpt from a review that I posted on ePinions following the Star Princess cruise:

"...The only negative experience aboard the Star Princess had to be the over-priced spa services and pressure to purchase over-priced spa products. As a regular client at a local Spa Nordstrom, I'm familiar with many spa services and specialized spa products available for purchase. While on board the Star, I had a manicure/pedicure and an herbal wrap. The nail technician wanted me to purchase nail-care products including an exfoliant, moisturizer, and special foot brush, as well as a "California Tan" powdered blush with "free" brush. The products were all at least $30, and I purchased the blush that I really didn't need because I felt obligated to buy something.

Later in the cruise, I had an herbal wrap body treatment. After this service, the therapist showed me a $200 at-home kit so that I could continue the herbal body treatments on my own. I had already started nodding my head that I wasn't interested in this when she said that she would give me a few minutes to think about it while I got dressed. When she returned, she continued to extol the benefits of the home treatment kit, and her disappointment in my refusal to purchase this over-priced product was obvious in her brusque departure from the room, slamming the door behind her. Needless to say, I will not be visiting the spa aboard the Golden Princess but will enjoy my regular manicure, pedicure, and facial at Nordstrom before sailing"...

For cruise passengers who may not have access to spa services near their homes, I'm sure they appreciate this luxury while sailing, and the spa experience may very well enhance their overall cruise experience. I prefer to spend the time and money on other shipboard activities.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Oh noooooo!:eek: This is so disappointing. I've finally talked my Mom and Dad into going on this cruise and RAVED on and on about the spa treatments.....what a let down. Maybe Princess will hear some of the reveiws and do something about it if enough people complain.

Darn it anyway....I was looking forward to the manicure and pedicure. I guess I'll get it all done before we go on the cruise and save my money:(

We always have our manicure and pedicure done the night before we leave. It is a nice way to start our holiday, and I get to avoid the high pressure sales...I go to a spa to relax, not get stressed out.

I had my first facial ever on the Sun in April. It was very nice but the technician used some pretty "hard sell" tatics to try and sell me $800 in products:eek: .

I was astonished and made it clear that I was not going to spend that kind of money. She then began trying to sell "portions" of her recommended package which I also refused. Her friendlyness disolved when she realized I wasn't going to buy any products.

I am reluctant to try any more ship board spa treatments but I think I will take the advice of others and try some here at home!

Archived