Communicating while at sea through Canrival website

Snostar

I thought I read somewhere that you could login to the Carnival website for free from the ship and post messages for family /friends to read without having to get an internet package. I have been all over the site, and can't seem to find how to do this. Help is appreciated.

Do to the fact that I work on a computer 6 days a week, I am not allowing myself to get the internet package! I am not bringing my laptop either, I am a work junkie :o

I thought I read somewhere that you could login to the Carnival website for free from the ship and post messages for family /friends to read without having to get an internet package. I have been all over the site, and can't seem to find how to do this. Help is appreciated.

Do to the fact that I work on a computer 6 days a week, I am not allowing myself to get the internet package! I am not bringing my laptop either, I am a work junkie :o

Set up a Funville account. http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

Set up the thread . In the forums using the 3rd section "User Groups" - "Currently Onboard" . right click and copy the link from your address bar

Then e-mail the exact link to your family and friends. They will need an account to post messages back to you. I have seen where folks use a shared account and just sign off who is posting. {Unless you do not use the same password for your main CCL booking account I would not recommend using a shared account.}

So that you can find it again save to your favorites aka bookmark it.

Then make the your currently onboard post the last post you make there before leaving.

That way once on board you can just go to your Funville profile and find it easier without searching.

Just thought I'd mention: While on board the Dream I tried to access the CCL site in their "fun hub." It was a bit difficult to figure out for me, a non PC person. You may need to get help on how to access it while on the ship. Dream was offering $39.95 week long internet access for one electronic. (PC, Ipad, smart phone etc.) A fellow pax was showing us how she could use that to access the daily funtimes. That alone might make it worth the $39.95. Good luck & have a great cruise.

Just thought I'd mention: While on board the Dream I tried to access the CCL site in their "fun hub." It was a bit difficult to figure out for me, a non PC person. You may need to get help on how to access it while on the ship. Dream was offering $39.95 week long internet access for one electronic. (PC, Ipad, smart phone etc.) A fellow pax was showing us how she could use that to access the daily funtimes. That alone might make it worth the $39.95. Good luck & have a great cruise.

Thank you for the information. I promised myself I would not take my laptop or purchase minutes, I am a database administrator/programmer and am addicted to my work (which I don't need to be online to do.). I made the mistake of taking it on my last cruise, and spent at least a couple of hours a day working. The work is not going anywhere, it will be there when I get back. I do appreciate the suggestions.

Thank you for the information. I promised myself I would not take my laptop or purchase minutes, I am a database administrator/programmer and am addicted to my work (which I don't need to be online to do.). I made the mistake of taking it on my last cruise, and spent at least a couple of hours a day working. The work is not going anywhere, it will be there when I get back. I do appreciate the suggestions.

UR welcome. I decided to "unplug" for our cruise. No phone, laptop, etc. We wanted to be totally "on vacation." I loved not being connected, but the funtimes on an app w/ ship's deck plan would have been nice. Enjoy your "on vacation" week.

Archived