2.0 upgrade ships

Shipbound

I'm fresh off the Conquest, which has the 2.0 upgrades and the DJ. Personally, I liked the music they played. There was a wide mix of music, from Jimmy Buffet to pop hits. I don't recall a lot of rap or hip hop. They have to cater to a lot of musical tastes so it seems like it was mostly mainstream stuff (old classics and new pop hits).

It comes down to preference. Personally, I wasn't thrilled with most of the live music on the ship last week (lounge acts & such), so a DJ playing regular tunes was preferable to one of the other acts out there on the deck all day.

I was on conquest from 11-18th I didn't spend much time on open lido deck or anywhere else they had the dj, but when I was around those areas the music wasn't loud obnoxious rap/hip hop music. As for the other entertainment all 3 shows were great, comedians were hilarious, and the live music in the atrium was always really good.

Is the entertainment that bad on the ships that gone through the 2.0 upgrade?. I heard the DJ on the lido deck plays loud rap and hip hop music( if you want to call it music). Any thoughts.

Gary

Well I will go the other way , in the morning on the Liberty they did some Goofy morning talk show with the CD on the big screen then they showed old reruns of Happy Days and Mash then finally a DJ come out and Blaired some loud music so loud you couldn't hear yourself think . Not my cup of tea , some of the music was ok most of it was just stuff that IMHO wasnt Lido deck Type music.

I just got off the Liberty on Nov. 24 and I recall a variety of music being played on the Lido Deck by the DJ. But yeah in the morning, they have a goofy little show done by the CD, pointing cameras at people already there and talking to them. If it's too noisy at the Lido Deck I would recommend going towards the back of the ship, as there's lots of chairs and it's rather quiet. The pool in the back also plays quieter music, yet still entertaining. The only time I recall heavy rap and r&b music is in the Hot and Cool Club late at night.

Archived