Royal Carribean Allowing Wine Onboard

P&OMAN

4 days into the cruise was advised by a fellow cruiser that as from the beginning of the cruise RCI were allowing passengers to bring on board up to two bottles of wine per person ever time they went ashore. When I checked with the reception desk this was in fact confirmed that wine could be brought on for consumption in your cabin. If you took it to the dining room a corkage charge of $25's would be applied. However I was able to take a bottle of Jacobs Creek sparkling wine that I had purchased in Wellington, New Zealand into Portofino's without a corkage charge applied.

I also learnt that some people who had wine and spirits confiscated when they boarded the ship at the start of the cruise in Freemantle were able to get these bottles returned to them again for consumption in there cabin.

Now I don't know if the sudden change in policy was just for this cruise or is going to be allowed while Voyager is in Australia.

It would be interesting to hear any follow up comments on this subject.

Hope its true, but thought it was on embarkation.

Does anyone know, can i carry wine on my flight Bris. to Sydney, as really dont want to go looking for a bottle shop when i get to OPT. Thanks for any info :)[/quote

there's some bottle shops at Circular Quay station

rkmw...do u know the names of the bottle shops that r there? Thanks

i dont know the name of the bottle shop but there was one right at Circular Quay station and a couple of pubs close by so you should be able to buy some wine without bringing it by plane from home

Hope its true, but thought it was on embarkation.

Does anyone know, can i carry wine on my flight Bris. to Sydney, as really dont want to go looking for a bottle shop when i get to OPT. Thanks for any info :)

There is a limit if 5 bottles each though. So you may need to drink a few before you board. :D

I am talking about what is allowed on the plane hence why you need to drink some before boarding the ship.

I knew that was what you meant. Thats why i said they wouldnt let me on the ship, because i would be to drunk after drinking the other 3 bottles.:D

Archived