FunPoints question

w8ing2cruz

How can I contact Customer Service for the Carnival MasterCard?

You can reach the Customer Care Department by calling 1-866-255-1304.

"What if I do not have a purchase that is eligible for point redemption?

If you do not have a purchase that is eligible for redemption, then use the card for purchases of $50 or more with one or more of the following merchants:

Carnival Cruise Lines

Costa Cruises

Cunard Line

Holland America Line

Princess Cruises

Seabourn Cruise Line

Airline purchases

Once that transaction posts to the account, you will have 180 days to redeem your FunPoints®.

How do I redeem my Carnival MasterCard FunPoints® for Onboard Gifts?

You can redeem FunPoints® up to 15 days before your cruise begins. To redeem FunPoints® for Onboard Gifts, follow these easy steps:

Click on the Rewards tab and select "Redeem FunPoints."

Select the "Onboard Gifts" option. Upon selection, items will be added to your shopping cart. You must provide your cruise details and then confirm your redemption choices to successfully redeem FunPoints®.

Your choice(s) will automatically update your FunPoints® balance, and your gift will be ready on the gift delivery date specified."

Also, they have recently added some new options for ways to "spend" your points. I have the Carnival card, but my most recent cruise was on Royal Caribbean. We planned to drive down to Florida the day before. We found a hotel (Courtyard by Marriott) that offered a "park and cruise" special rate that included parking for the week and shuttle to and from the port. Then I realized I could use my Funpoints to purchase a $100 Marriott giftcard. That brought the price we paid for a room, parking and transfers to $60. Not a bad deal! Something to keep in mind if you are will be staying overnight before the cruise.

We used our Fun Points on Holland this past Feb we got a statement credit for that cruise.

I love Carnival but I really loved our Holland cruise. Be prepared for a different type of cruise than what you get on Carnival. It will be more laid back and easy going. That being said it will not be at all boring.

Thanks for the info everyone! Looks like we'll be able to spread our wings a bit and try out Holland. I've used our Fun Points before for OBC on Carnival - LOVE getting off the ship with no sign and sail balance :D

Cruiser from MS - thank you for the feedback on Holland. That's the one thing we're a little concerned about - the demographics of Holland vs Carnival. We're a young mid 50's couple - that being said - when we are cruising we usually have so much fun on the island that we're asleep by 9ish :p. This itinerary would be all about the islands.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived