Entertainment Books: Eating in Vancouver

Guest enjoycruises

Guest enjoycruises

I bought an Entertainment book since we will be in Vancouver for 2 1/2 days pre-cruise. What restaurants do u suggest in there for lunches and dinners? We need to watch what we eat and how much we spend. Thanks

Guest enjoycruises

Grouchy: When using the Entertainment Book, what area do I look up for restaurants in the area of the Hampton Inn on Robeson? We won't be renting a car so we will need to rely on public transportation or our feet. We weould like to go to Stanley Park and Canada Place. Any other place we should see?

Guest enjoycruises

Is the west-end the same as west Vancouver? The book is divided up by various towns. The Vancouver restaurants does not say Yale town or West End. I am so confused. good thing I am not in Vancouver now with a rumbling tummy:eek: .

While purusing the Book, I found these places on or near Robson. Any opinions on any of these?

Cloud 9, Aqua Rivia,Kobe,Settebello, Francescos, Creekside Cafe, Kalypso

Quezeria, Cafe Pacifica, Da Pasta Bar, Roxy Burger,Kakiemon, Zefferellis.

Any places you like that are not costly for a family of 3 that has a teen son?

long way away. Kobe is like a Benihana,Roxy Burger is pretty good. Creekside is good for people watching.Settabello is good-pricey.Is the Francescos the Don Fransescos? If so-VERY good food and service.

White Spot is good food and there are many places along Robson street that er inexpensive and have good ffod. Robson is THE street for shopping and your son will like all the cute girls that hang out around there.

Guest enjoycruises

The Francescos Pasta Bar is at 1487 Robson Street. Do u know of this place? Someone has mentioned Aqua Rivia on a post. Do u know of it? I read a post about a restaurant at Stanley Park or at the suspension bridge. Now I can't think of it. Al of this restaurant talk is making me hungry. It is after 6pm here in Chicago and I have no clue what to make for dinner for the family.

pasta bar.The restaurant at Capilano Canyon/bridge is not so hot. I am not a fan of Aqua Riva.

What kind of food do you like? There are thousands of places to eat-something for every palate. We have wonderful Japanaese and some great East Indian.

Guest enjoycruises

2 out of 3 of us enjoy fish. the 3rd would eat steak. We all enjoy Japanese or Italian foods. We don't want to pay lots of money so nothing expensive please. Thanks for your advise.:)

• 2 weeks later...

enjoycruises,

We had quite a long thread going when I posted the same question last yr prior to a mid-Sept. visit to Vancouver. Grouchy and several others gave their opinions of many restaurants in the Ent. Bk., especially near the Hyatt. So you might like to do a little search or look at my prior posts to find that thread.

If you go to the IMAX Theater (we did), your ticket will give you 1/2 price to the restaurant in that complex. Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's right on the water and seemed to be a good savings, too.

We had planned to use the 1/2 pr. trolley ticket in the book but actually ended up with the Grayline bus one. There was more flexibility and it allowed 2 days use. After all my questions, though, about Grouse Mtn and Capilano (another thread, same time period), the weather fogged in and we never made it there. Gave us a chance to unexpectedly duck in from the rain to see STORYEM which turned out to be quite good.

Also loved the Dr. Sun-Yet-Sen Museum in Chinatown followed by Dim-Sum at the local restaurants (did that twice!). I think the Ent. Bk may have had a 1/2 price coupon to the museum. They gave out little maps with some suggested dim-sum restaurants on it and they were fabulous.

If you get to Stanley Park, do take the free trolley ride (about 40 mins.) around the park and do get off in the gardens and again to see the totems.

Boy did we love Vancouver. And let me formally thank Grouchy and others for the help I got here!:D

Guest enjoycruises

We are now home from our wonderful but short time in Vancouver and our cruise to Alaska. what a wonderful time we had! We used the Entertainment book for Zachary's (Which was in our hotel.), Aqua Riva and the Capilano suspension bridge. We used it for some little things also.

thank u for your advise.:)

• 1 month later...

Archived