Christmas or New Years cruise?

Big_Tex

Because of work I can not take a vacation this summer... I really need something to look forward to and I'm thinking of a holiday cruise!!!! I can only go while my children are on school holiday... I can not decide if traveling at christmas is worth the in-laws wrath or waiting a week and traveling at New Years... What kind of celebration does a cruise ship offer for New Years? I'm looking at a Princess Cruise Line, the Grand Princess. I would appreciate any feedback especially from cruisers with children.. I have 2 young travelers 20 & 10.

I can't speak for anything bur RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston, but she has a great (or is sounds good) Christmas and New Years cruise this year. It is 10 days. We are like you and can only go during school holidays. We will take our sons out of school for just 1 day, traveling back to Amarillo. But what they see and will do will be worth it. I just let the school know in writing before the Christmas break. Christmas cruise is bright and beautiful the way the have the ship decorated. Just remember the prices are going to be very high before it is a hoiday cruise, but IMO it is more than worth it.

We're going on the Island's holiday sailing next December with our girl (will be 8 at that time). It's 15 days all falling during her winter break. But then she's an experience cruiser so the length won't bother her. If it's your children's first cruise, try a 3-day cruise first to see if they like being on a ship. If they do (there's a lot for the younger one in the kids' program; the older one can find people his age), then see if there's still room on a holiday cruise.

Thank you for your input.... We went on our 1st cruise last summer & had a wonderful time... Everyone in my family has different interests, but we all had a great time on the last cruise... My oldest daughter (20 yr old) would love if we go again... My husband is not sold on the idea of not being with the extended family during the holidays, the 10 year old wants to go but wants to be home for Christmas.... I'd love to get away... If not for the holidays then I'm going to plan a long cruise for the summer of 2006....

Thanks again for your thoughts & comments!

Archived