HELP! which cabin should I choose.

Hi all,

I am booked on Carnival Spirit for NZ cruise in March 2013.

I am considering changing to cabin 5174 . Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

I was originally booked cabin 6229, then had to change to a triple and booked 6256 but concerned about motion sickness being at back of boat.

Thoughts??

Crossing the ditch to NZ can be a bit rough at times. Our last cruise encountered 10 m seas for 3 days straight, so I would be looking to be midships if possible. We try to be as close to the Customer Service area as this is generally the most stable place on the ship.

Personally I dont think it really matters where you are on the ship,if you are prone to sea sickness you are very likely to feel off colour any place on the ship in 10m swells.

If midship and low was the best cabin position on a ship i wonder why some of the most expensive cabins are high and Forward or far Aft?

I have had mostly Aft cabins and the once only time I felt a bit queasy was mid ship at Guest relations But once I got outside and to the aft i felt fine?

I choose cabin location for ease of access to things like the buffet or pool area. If I was worried about motion I wouldnt go on a cruise because Buffets are not usually mid ship,MDR is not usually midship,show lounge is not usually midship,bars are not all midship Gym is not usually midship nightclub is not usually midship?

But if you are going on a cruise to sit on your balcony and read all day with room service for meals and drinks then midship is the best location :)

Den

Archived