Checking price drops for early saver fares

Avril

Does anyone know what the link is (or if there is one) to check for price drops for Early Saver bookings? I think the price has dropped for my cruises (it's a B2B) but I'm not sure. Also, if there is a price drop, do I call Carnival and talk to them or is there something else I need to do? Sorry, I know these questions sound stupid coming from a Platinum cruiser but I've never booked Early Saver before :o (the price was just too good to pass up)!! :D I know I can do a mock booking but if there's an easier way, great!!!! :D

Thanks so much!!!! :D

Many normally use the FareViewer at http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer - it's currently not working and not expected until Monday (maybe). They are changing the site for new fare structures and new fares, with some unusual and suspect rates being displayed. ken

You can also do a mock booking, and then see what's up (or hopefully down) price wise... Once you find a price drop, the link to the Early Saver form to fill out is... http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

Good luck.

Many normally use the FareViewer at http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer - it's currently not working and not expected until Monday (maybe). They are changing the site for new fare structures and new fares, with some unusual and suspect rates being displayed. ken

Ok, thanks!! :D What do you mean by unusual and suspect rates being displayed? :confused: Are they going to increase the prices of all cruises and charge us all (including those of us, like me, who are already booked and paid in full) the difference?

Ok, thanks!! :D What do you mean by unusual and suspect rates being displayed? :confused: Are they going to increase the prices of all cruises and charge us all (including those of us, like me, who are already booked and paid in full) the difference?

The fares displayed today generally look higher than before - so I'd say yes they're increasing - you don't have to pay the fdifference if the fares go up. "unusual and suspect" means that some of the fares don't make sense, such as a Guarantee being more than a Past Guest, etc. ken

You can also do a mock booking, and then see what's up (or hopefully down) price wise... Once you find a price drop, the link to the Early Saver form to fill out is... http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

Good luck.

Thanks for the link to the form!! :D

The fares displayed today generally look higher than before - so I'd say yes they're increasing - you don't have to pay the fdifference if the fares go up. "unusual and suspect" means that some of the fares don't make sense, such as a Guarantee being more than a Past Guest, etc. ken

You're right, that is a bit odd. :confused: Good that we don't have to pay the difference!! :D I would have to say, these are the times (with the ecomony) that prices must increase wether we like it or not (and trust me, we - or at least I - don't)!! Aren't Guarantees normally higher that Pas Guest? I mean, isn't that one of the benefits of being a past guest is that we get the lowest rate(s)? :confused:

Thanks for the link to the form!! :D

Aren't Guarantees normally higher that Pas Guest? No - Guarantees are where Carnival selects the cabin/deck/location for you, assigned up to check-in at the pier, in return for giving you a lower fare. I mean, isn't that one of the benefits of being a past guest is that we get the lowest rate(s)? Actually, Past Guest is normally Lower than FunSelect and Higher than Early Saver and the Guarantee bookings. If you book Early Saver you get or can price-match to any lower rate you're eligible for :confused:

ken

Archived