Category "NO" ? lol

BooBooMonkey

I was just looking at deck plans for my upcoming cruise and noticed a category "NO" Which means "night owl"...lol!

Night Owl staterooms are located directly over the Point After Dance Club, which makes them ideally suited for those guests who like to party late into the night and would NOT be disturbed by the noise from the Dance Club.

Maybe I missed something earlier, but maybe this is related to the new pricing structure.

Funny to me...I would never book a cabin listed as "NO" anyway. The color of the cabin on the deckplan is RED too.

Interesting!

I think it makes perfect sense for those that don't do their homework before picking a cabin and then complain bitterly to Guest Services when they get on board.

CCL is just trying to shortstop the complaints. Good for them. I am a NO and could deal with those cabins, especially if they are greatly reduced rates.

They have always been around and ONLY on Destiny. Once Destiny goes for her refit to become Sunshine those cabins will be gone.

There are 11 NO cabins.

When a travel agent or direct guest inquires about the ‘Night Owl Cabins’, the following should be advised:

"The Night Owl Cabins are located directly over the Point After Dance Club. For this reason, we have designated these 11 staterooms as Night Owl Cabins, ideally suited for those guests who like to party late into the night – as such these guests would NOT be disturbed by the noise from the Dance Club which stays open until 3:30am. We are offering substantial savings for those guests who purchase these staterooms."

Interesting! We had a cabin directly below the show lounge once...LOUD at all times of the day and night. During the day, the performers were rehearsing, at night--shows. Would be nice if Carnival or other cruise lines would warn you with a designation such as "NO" when you are looking at cabins to book. Not everyone knows to look for a cabin between other cabins/ above, below, and side to side.

I know exactly what you mean. I just got "upgraded" from my little 1A cabin, (I'm sailing alone this time") to a 4A, but upon further examination, it's just below the galley. I'm going aboard with High Hopes, and Ear Plugs. :eek: I'll let y'all know how it was.

"SKY"

They have always been around and ONLY on Destiny. Once Destiny goes for her refit to become Sunshine those cabins will be gone.

There are 11 NO cabins.

This. I was on the destiny last year and was trying to book 4 people in a night-owl room because it was substantially cheaper and we were going to be up late anyways (and bring ear plugs just in case). But... you can only book a maximum of 3 people in a night-owl room.

When you pick a cabin there are almost always premiums for mid ship, mid floors w/ cabins above and below. Many people only book on price, the lower the better and then they complain after the fact constantly and blame Carnival for their cheapness. On a cruise ship you do get what you pay for...I never feel sorry for people who place price over everything else.

Archived