Christmas & new year departing 23rd Dec 2012

We are booked on Thomson Dream departing on Dec 23rd from East Midlands Airport. First time on a Thomson ship having been on both Ocean Village ships, also with P & O and Carnival Line. We wondered what to expext really and if anyone knew anything about the refit and upgrade to a 'Platinum' standard so I read somewhere. I would like to know about the dress code and if the plugs are the same as in the UK please? Thanks Gina:D

plugs are flat 2 pin Europe style plugs

dress code applies in the evenings in the main dining room...most will dress up a bit for dinner, formal night is full formal....dinner suit & cocktail dresses or at least a collar & tie

if you would rather not do the dressing up you can always use the buffets

as far as we know, Platinum means all public rooms being redecorated, cabins being smartened up (tho they were OK before imho) and the addition of kettles and flat screen TV's in all cabins

we are on the 2 weeks before you and will be leaving just as you are arriving

have a great time

plugs are flat 2 pin Europe style plugs

dress code applies in the evenings in the main dining room...most will dress up a bit for dinner, formal night is full formal....dinner suit & cocktail dresses or at least a collar & tie

if you would rather not do the dressing up you can always use the buffets

as far as we know, Platinum means all public rooms being redecorated, cabins being smartened up (tho they were OK before imho) and the addition of kettles and flat screen TV's in all cabins

we are on the 2 weeks before you and will be leaving just as you are arriving

have a great time

smart casual is the code for all nights except the captains do once a week where a formal code applies to the mdr. there is some question about the code. It has been said, including by me, that the minimum for men is a shirt and tie but I can't find that written down anywhere. It might be a suit and tie as stated on the Thomson site.

sorry to creat confusion

Archived