RCI Scuba Tune-Up

speed97

Dose anyone know if the scuba tune-up on RCI takes place on a sea day or port day? I have only been diving twice since getting certified and want to go on my cruise right before Christmas. And if it is a port day i want to do it before i go(ill have to find a warm place it is 85 today BURRR).

Scuba tune up? I haven' heard of this. I do have a sea day before my arrival in St Thomas next May. I got certified last July and was going to visit the pool where I took my classes at as a refresher.

You can go to the PADI website and sign up for the eLearning Scuba Tune-up and brush up on the academics online. Not quite sure if the ship does it or how. You could book through a private company and will probably get more one-on-one service. Let us know what you find out from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

They ask you at the front desk if you have dove in 2 years. If you haven't they force you to sign up for a refresher on the ship. When we saw them doing the refresher, it was on the sea days before arriving at the first port.

Where are you leaving from?

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the Allure of the seas and I'm told they go into their 16ft deep pool for that class, so I may take it just for the fun of it, and the refresher. Nobody to my knowledge has posted a pic from the bottom of that pool. It maybe the last square inch of that ship never to appear in a review here on cruise critic ;)

If you plan to dive on a cruise and haven't been in a while, get your tune up at your local dive shop first. Fewer distractions and it will give you the confidence you want and need to enjoy your OW experience.

Bubble bubble,

SSI Master Diver

If you plan to dive on a cruise and haven't been in a while, get your tune up at your local dive shop first. Fewer distractions and it will give you the confidence you want and need to enjoy your OW experience.

Bubble bubble,

SSI Master Diver

I plan on doing both. Will hit the dive shop I used for certification next month.

Archived