Thoughts on table for two?

bshow

Unless there are others cruising with us it is definitely a table for two. We often meet others during cocktail hour or just by talking in the dining room. Sometimes the tables are close enough that you can talk if you want but you don't need to if you don't feel the need.

For whatever reason we usually always end up going around to a few tables to say goodbye at the end of the sailing and these are just the people to whom we've been friendly walking in and out of the dining room.

:) :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I enjoy both. But I am outgoing or I wouldn't be posting for the world to see.:eek::D:cool:

My wife on the otherhand, while sociable, is shy. She prefers just her and I but is quite content to listen.

I like sitting with others and listening especially to their day on the ship or on their excursions, just as I enjoy the reviews and live froms on these boards.

I prefer a table for two, sometimes because I'm feeling rather shy and don't walk to eat in front of strangers, but other times it's because I'm feeling too friendly and will spend my meal talking instead of eating. On a cruise, my priority is eating first, then talking, so dining with others just doesn't work for me. With a table for two, the eating/talking ratio is perfect.

I like open seating for the flexibility - we are 3, so it can be alone at a 4 top, sit with others at a bigger table, or feed the boy early at the Lido, drop him off to Club Hal (which he loves) then have a table for 2 alone, or a 6 or 8 top if we are feeling social. Also, you can make reservations each night if you like to eat at a certain time... win/win for us :)

DW and I do fixed late seating.

For a number of cruises we did the table of 8.

One cruise it was a disaster. Nasty people wasn't the word. Dining manager moved us to a table for 2 without a peep.

After that we do table for 2.

We can meet people all over the ship whenever.

Gramps

DW and I do fixed late seating.

For a number of cruises we did the table of 8.

One cruise it was a disaster. Nasty people wasn't the word. Dining manager moved us to a table for 2 without a peep.

After that we do table for 2.

Gramps

Which is another one of the reasons we try to avoid a larger table. There was one "gentleman" on our cruise you could hear four or five tables away who would cut down everyone from police to military to nurses. He claimed to be in a business that didn't sound very legal and after one sitting with him, most other cruisers would do anything to find another place to eat.

Gramps

This is exactly how we feel. I'd like to add also that we have found interesting people on every cruise -- European cruises or not. I don't think people who cruise Europe are the only interesting people, at least not in my experience!

On my recent cruise, we had a table for four (late fixed seating) and enjoyed meeting another couple and had wonderful conversation each night. We were often among the last to leave the dining room.

Around us were several tables for two, and I couldn't help but notice that every night it seemed these couples hardly spoke or even looked at one another.

How many of you prefer a table for two vs. a larger table? Do you enjoy the company at dinner, or do you feel more comfortable with just your companion?

We like our table for two. We have taken several three to four week cruises the past four years and only one wasn't port "intensive". When have to get up at 6:00 a.m. to make a shore excursion and then return right before dinner, I am exhausted and in no mood to talk at dinner. I am a very social person and outgoing, but when I am tired (I have a mild chronic fatigue) then I need quiet and peaceful dining.

On sea days, I enjoy the MDR for breakfast and we always request to be seated with others. We have met some wonderful people and had great conversations at breakfast.

Archived