Unbooked?

txjeepgirl

I'm curious..

Has anyone ever just shown up at the port on a day a cruise is leaving.. and seen if they could get a last minute cheap deal?

doesn't happen any more. Secrity recquires manifest three days before sailing. Would be nice but it is a thing of the past :( thanks to 9/11.

Thanks for all the info..

I am VERY GLAD I ASKED...

My husband and I thought it would be fun to 'just show up'... the day of.. but... we had also discussed that if we manage to gather a few friends to go with us... we'd better book online before we head that way..

We live 6 hours from Galveston... We felt that if it were JUST US we didn't have much to loose if we got there... and couldn't get on the boat...but if we talked friends into joining us.. we better have a trip booked before loading in the vehicle to make that drive...

:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all the info..

I am VERY GLAD I ASKED...

My husband and I thought it would be fun to 'just show up'... the day of.. but... we had also discussed that if we manage to gather a few friends to go with us... we'd better book online before we head that way..

We live 6 hours from Galveston... We felt that if it were JUST US we didn't have much to loose if we got there... and couldn't get on the boat...but if we talked friends into joining us.. we better have a trip booked before loading in the vehicle to make that drive...

:D:D:D:D:D

Just have a party on Saturday night and make sure everyone brings their passport and credit card. Call Carnival and see if there are available staterooms, book and pay...go home, pack and then head out at 6am. Actually, I think that would be fun. I have friends who do that with driving vacations...they just decide on a Friday and hop in their cars on Saturday and make arrangements from a wifi equipped cafe somewhere on the drive. I'd love it if my life was so easily interruptible.

I guess the main question I have is...

IS there ever a price reduction if you book that last minute?

If they don't give great deals to fill those last few rooms on the boat.. then I don't see any advantage to waiting till the night before...

That was the main reason we wanted to try it.. was if you got some really great upgrade or price reduction at that last minute...

If they don't give great deals to fill those last few rooms on the boat.. then I don't see any advantage to waiting till the night before...

That was the main reason we wanted to try it.. was if you got some really great upgrade or price reduction at that last minute...

You pay the highest possible cruise fare if you wait until the last second. No Promotions. No Upgrades. Least desirable cabin locations.

If the ship has rooms to fill the last few weeks there will be significant price drops...just check out an "cheap cruising" sites. Just remember that the rooms available are usually the bottom of the barrel rooms since Carnival has been actively "upselling" to already booked passengers.

Archived