Monday night football on Mariner?

My husband is a HUGE Texans fan, especially since they've now clinched a spot in the playoffs. He would like to know if the Mariner shows monday night football either on the big screen or on the TV's in the cabins? :confused: I assured him SOMEONE on CC would know! :D

The nationally televised games (like MNF) is shown somewhere. If there is not a sports associated venue, then usually the big screens in the schooner bar will be showing it.

Bear in mind, this is all dependent on the ship's satellite reception and their location. I have watched many a game while on board...so I would anticipate it will be there...just ask one of the bartenders in schooner if there is not a sports type bar...I have never sailed mariner, so cannot point you to a sports venue

I know at sail away last week (Sunday) they had the NFL game on the big screen on the pool deck. Saw other football games there later in the week. Not 100% sure about MNF, but I think it played there too. No luck in the room. ESPN goes straight to soccer-land after you leave port.

I know at sail away last week (Sunday) they had the NFL game on the big screen on the pool deck. Saw other football games there later in the week. Not 100% sure about MNF, but I think it played there too. No luck in the room. ESPN goes straight to soccer-land after you leave port.

I did watch MNF for a few minutes last Monday so you should be good. We also watched college football on Saturday. My first picture I uploaded to facebook was after boarding, up on the top deck watching Sunday football :)

The ONLY game you can 100% be certain of seeing on a cruise ship is the SUPERBOWL!

That being said, there is a very good chance you will be able to see it. As others have mentioned, it will come down to the availability of the satelite signal and the willingness / skill level of the person you ask to find it.

The best approach to take is the expect to NOT be able to see it ...... then, be pleasantly surprised if you can. :)

Archived