Allure Review - November 25th

mills423

We were on Mariner last January and found ourselves parked next to Allure at Cozumel. Allure had a complete Atlantis charter on board that day. I am absolutely certain that there were some decent folks on board but during departure, I have never seen such behavior in my life.

There were many things thrown off Allure's balconies, from sunglasses to entire rolls of toilet paper. Catcalls, lewd remarks, etc that I won't detail here. As was said by another poster, a group large enough thinks it can do what it wants sometimes. I found myself quite curious as to how many got left in Cozumel as security was on the pier and taking notes.

There was one gay couple on our sailing (very nice fellows) that seemed totally embarrassed by the actions coming from Allure and I couldn't blame them at all.

Atlantis is a full ship charter -- that may encourage group think behaviour but on the other hand, the presence of a large group does not affect randomly booking cruisers.

I wouldn't like to go on an Atlantis cruise... even though I am gay...

I like to have a holiday with a nice mix of nice people, and just because others may have the same sexuality as me, that doesn't make them as nice as me.. or as well behaved.

I have met some brilliant people on the cruise ships and I can't remember asking many what they do between the sheets.

It is nice, however, to meet and spend time with people of the same lifestyle, as we should obviously have more in common... and less photographs of grandchildren. :rolleyes:

:D

Sounds like the group was having fun. The OP really comes across as an ignorant bigot ("lifestyle choice" and "alternative lifestyle" are religious right talking points). There are good and bad in all groups. They may not have enjoyed your company either. Everyone's on vacation. Enjoy yourselves! BTW, your wife should be grateful that she received free fashion advice in the elevator:p And the OP may want to reflect on why he was paying so much attention to the men in the hot tubs:cool:

And here all along I thought "cruising" was an alternate lifestyle.:eek:

I wish the busy bodies would mind their own business. There is plenty of room for everyone in this world. I thoroughly enjoyed that cruise with the Pipers and all others.

I also have a niece that used to be my nephew, doesn't get much more alternate than that. Love him/her.

• 5 months later...

those Cher dolls hang out!!!!

Rude, crass, boorish behavior is not an acceptable "alternative lifestyle". That is the issue here, not the sexual orientation or whatever.

The post about the doll group left me laughing. That would grow stale very fast, I think. I would hang out in the bar drinking, and assume that dolls wouldn't be occupying bar space.

I feel everyone to each their own , but RCCL should let future cruisers know if it will be a large showing of an alternative lifestyle on board, so you could book a different date if you would be uncomfortable.

I totally disagree. It's also why Disney World doesn't post sign at the ticket gates when Gay Days is going on. AND, it's not an "alternate lifestyle," nor is it a lifestyle at all. It's loving somebody that happens to be the same gender. Heterosexuality is an "alternate lifestyle" to a gay person so who is to say which one is right or more acceptable. If you have an issue with gays or lesbians being on a ship then guess what? That is your problem and you need to deal with it. Do you think the gay men or lesbians are upset that straight people are on the ship? I don't think so, or else they would have booked an all-gay or lesbian cruise from RSVD, Atlantis or Olivia (for the ladies.) It's amazing that is okay for a straight couple to be making out and dry humping on a cruise, or anywhere for that matter, but the minute a gay or lesbian couple hold hands or steal a kiss, all Hell breaks out. It just goes to show you how bigoted and closed minded the US still is when it comes to gays and lesbians.

:mad:

Archived