Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

Boarded our flight (had to go to Albany first then back to Baltimore) and were fortunate enough to find the last 2 seats together. We stayed on the plane and moved to the front. I decided that I wanted a rum and coke for our last little bit of the vacation and Cass got a Corona. As we were ordering the lady who sat next to Cass told us ‘I got it’. She whipped out some free drink coupons that she said she had to use up before the end of the year. If there’s anything better than a drink, it’s a free drink! Our car service was at the luggage carousel to pick us up and Cass was happy to have Christmas music playing on the ride home. We were greeted by two very loud and annoying Siamese cats.

Thank you for taking the time to read our review and relive our great vacation. I'm going to take some time to put my thoughts together and create a post about the ship in general (like I did with the room). I know that Cass has some videos (and maybe more pictures) that she's going to edit and include a little later (some will be of Ron Pass so we just need to get his permission before posting).

Please feel free to ask any questions and we will try to answer them the best that we can.

And we'll be back in April with our Honeymoon on the Liberty review (I just got our wedding rings today :D)

Please don't take my post as a criticism of your reviews. The Dream one was fabulous and I am subscribed to your new one on the Breeze. Totally understand why you can't finish yours as quickly and it is worth waiting for. Just nice to not have to wait for all of them...lol. My post was meant to praise Chris and Cassandra for theirs, not to knock yours or anyone else's. I appreciate them all. That's why I added the last sentence to thank all of you.

Thanks for clarifying. :-) I love Chris and Cass and am always telling them they have a place on here as reviewers. I see them as friends now and didn't want them to feel like they had to compare themselves to my review and I guess I also don't desire to see who loves whom more either. lol. I'd rather stay in my "we're all equal" bubble. :-D

Thanks for clarifying. :-) I love Chris and Cass and am always telling them they have a place on here as reviewers. I see them as friends now and didn't want them to feel like they had to compare themselves to my review and I guess I also don't desire to see who loves whom more either. lol. I'd rather stay in my "we're all equal" bubble. :-D

Well said and my feelings exactly and that's why I posted to thank them. You will get yours on your review.:D;)

I am so loving this review, and can't wait to board. Your pictures are great. Can you post more pictures on your balcony on a good day? Did you ever get to have breakfast out there? That's what we want to do, if possible.

INCHARGE... We will be on the 8 day the week before you!!

Edited by ScottC

It sounds as though you all had a wonderful cruise. We will be bording on Jan. 5. After all the poor reviews (which I tend not to really believe) it was great to read yours. It was very well written and took me all afternoon to read! What a way to kill a day at work! I will look for Femmys tomorrow.

It sounds as though you all had a wonderful cruise. We will be bording on Jan. 5. After all the poor reviews (which I tend not to really believe) it was great to read yours. It was very well written and took me all afternoon to read! What a way to kill a day at work! I will look for Femmys tomorrow.

Well finishing up was a great way to spend a day at work too :D. We did have a fantastic cruise and the Funnatics really helped with that. We generally make friends on cruises but it seemed like we ran into someone everywhere we went.

We're not quite done yet though as I know Cass has some Funtimes to post and probably some videos. We'll also be posting our own closing thoughts.

EEEK!!!! How exciting!!!! I can't wait to see them!!

I know! I actually feel the same way... we ordered through Blue Nile, which is where my engagement ring is from... and Chris let me see his ring, but I had to close my eyes when I tried mine on, just to make sure it fit - he won't even let me see it! I know what mine looked like on screen, but I guess I'll have to wait for it in person.

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm so excited for ya'll to get married and see your honeymoon review!

Aww, thank you!! It seems like it's far away, but I have a feeling these 4 months will fly by! We'll most certainly be sharing our story :)

Lovely photos and review :)

Thank you, we appreciate it!

Bravo! Fabulous review. I am now even more excited for my trip on her in March!! BAH!

I certainly hope you have a great time! I'm confident some of the "kinks" will be worked out, like the debarkation debacle - and regardless - I'm of the opinion your vacation is 99.5% about your attitude! I'm sure you'll have an excellent time :D

I have been hawking this review from the day you started. Didn't comment until now because I was looking forward to your posts and didn't want to give you a reason to slow down :eek: You guys ROCKED this review. Thank you so much.

Soon to be Breezing 3/2/13

Boarded our flight (had to go to Albany first then back to Baltimore) and were fortunate enough to find the last 2 seats together. We stayed on the plane and moved to the front. I decided that I wanted a rum and coke for our last little bit of the vacation and Cass got a Corona. As we were ordering the lady who sat next to Cass told us ‘I got it’. She whipped out some free drink coupons that she said she had to use up before the end of the year. If there’s anything better than a drink, it’s a free drink! Our car service was at the luggage carousel to pick us up and Cass was happy to have Christmas music playing on the ride home. We were greeted by two very loud and annoying Siamese cats.

Thank you for taking the time to read our review and relive our great vacation. I'm going to take some time to put my thoughts together and create a post about the ship in general (like I did with the room). I know that Cass has some videos (and maybe more pictures) that she's going to edit and include a little later (some will be of Ron Pass so we just need to get his permission before posting).

Please feel free to ask any questions and we will try to answer them the best that we can.

And we'll be back in April with our Honeymoon on the Liberty review (I just got our wedding rings today :D)

Fantastic review, as always :) We are boarding the Liberty in 2 sleeps (woo hoo!), and I am thinking about doing a review, if for no other reason, to thank kind folks like you, who take the time, and share your adventures. I appreciate it! I think you'll love the Liberty. She's a beautiful ship, and I'm really looking forward to going "home" again :)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Edited by soccersharon

To add to Chris's room review my "thoughts" on the room - some good, some bad...

I appreciated the addition of the 2nd outlet in the room, below the mirror on the vanity. However, we still pack our 3-plug adapter, because even with 2 plugs, if I'm drying my hair and heating up my flat iron - we can still be charging one of our devices at the same time.

And let's discuss something not oft talked about in public... toilet seats, my friends. Yes... along with the newly designed ship, came a newly designed toilet seat.. and quite frankly it's... well.. kinda crappy (pun intended!) The first time I popped a squat, I immediately jumped up and did a double take because it felt like I had just sat down on a toilet that someone left the seat up on... like I was sitting on the rim... and 'cmon ladies, you all know what that feels like. But no, after inspection - the lid was up, but the seat was down.. a seat that was rounded and perfectly shaped to fit over the rim. Boy are these things uncomfortable... and I especially feel bad for anyone with a smaller butt than me - they will probably slip right through it!

Okay - enough about toilets... I loved our Cove, but would have appreciated a better cleaning of our balcony at least every-other day. I couldn't go out there barefoot, unless I wanted to have sticky-salty feet - and was even hesitant to sit on the chairs without laying a towel over them.

Also loved the new cabinet / safe layout in the room - the safe was behind a door, with an extra little shelf above it for extra storage. Before, there used to be 3 open shelves at the end of the vanity that tapered off to the wall, but here, there were open shelves above the TV and Safe - a nice way to store extra stuff without it looking cluttered right in your face. Also - the safe now uses a code-lock mechanism - not the use of a card - SO helpful - that random gift card we bring on board with $0.03 left on it to use to lock wasn't needed :D

Little other things about the ship... this is silly but I liked that at the stairs, the carpet had the floor number right at the beginning of each floor - we have a "rule of 3" to use the stairs, and sometimes use it for more floors than that if the elevators are crowded, and it was helpful on some of those "late nights" when we were hoofing it, or going quickly, to instantly be able to know which floor we were on without having to search out the wall sign.

Speaking of wall signs - they moved the deck plans sign that is around each elevator group from a wall sign to a podium in the middle. This was a nice change... however... some of the elevators were very annoying - when you pushed up or down on one side, the other side wouldn't automatically be pushed - so you'd have to push that one too... everyone did this - so inevitably, when you were IN an elevator - you would end up stopping on a floor with no one - because they had likely pushed the button on both sides, and got a ride on the other.

These are all small things, more observations than complaints - because they certainly didn't put a damper on the amazing vacation we had, nor would it prevent me from wanting to sail the Breeze again if the opportunity arose.

Finally, Chris didn't have the pictures of the Holiday decorations that were going up as we were sadly debarking.. but I do.. Just a little taste of what people cruising this month can look forward to:

P1020731.JPG

I apologize for this one... at first I thought my computer was trying to crop it all kinds of wonky, but Chris assured me this was the actual photo.. he took it on the move while we were being ushered through the line to get officially "dinged" off the ship for the last time :(

P1020732.JPG

AND... finally - our last Fun Times...

FUN TIMES - 12/1/12 - 8-Day Breeze - Day at Sea

As Chris mentioned... I do have some more video to get through, but it is mostly of some songs I shot of Ron in the Piano Bar... which I won't be posting here. Upon his approvals - I'll be uploading them to his Fan Club page on the book of faces, or "social network" - if you're interested, please feel free to check that out!

I also know Chris has some final thoughts and closing comments typed out and ready to post... stay tuned for that, and thank you for following us!!

I have been hawking this review from the day you started. Didn't comment until now because I was looking forward to your posts and didn't want to give you a reason to slow down :eek: You guys ROCKED this review. Thank you so much.

Soon to be Breezing 3/2/13

Thank you so much!! We love knowing people are following along - if for no other reason than to give us motivation to keep doing these reviews each Cruise hehe!

Fantastic review, as always :) We are boarding the Liberty in 2 sleeps (woo hoo!), and I am thinking about doing a review, if for no other reason, to thank kind folks like you, who take the time, and share your adventures. I appreciate it! I think you'll love the Liberty. She's a beautiful ship, and I'm really looking forward to going "home" again :)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Thank you!! Actually, we have been on the Liberty one other time before - earlier this year for Chris's "real" birthday (he's a Leap Year baby, so the poor guy doesn't get a real one too often!). Immediately after debarking, we were researching honeymoon options :o. We actually did a review for that trip too (see the link in our signatures) but I will warn you that some of the pictures are blacked out.. I mistakenly changed some privacy settings on the picture hosting site I use (Picasa) and it messed up the links after the fact... it was highly annoying, which is why I also posted a direct link to our photos in my signature too. Enjoy your vacation!! We know that "home" feeling well with the Pride :)

Thank you so much!! We love knowing people are following along - if for no other reason than to give us motivation to keep doing these reviews each Cruise hehe!

Thank you!! Actually, we have been on the Liberty one other time before - earlier this year for Chris's "real" birthday (he's a Leap Year baby, so the poor guy doesn't get a real one too often!). Immediately after debarking, we were researching honeymoon options :o. We actually did a review for that trip too (see the link in our signatures) but I will warn you that some of the pictures are blacked out.. I mistakenly changed some privacy settings on the picture hosting site I use (Picasa) and it messed up the links after the fact... it was highly annoying, which is why I also posted a direct link to our photos in my signature too. Enjoy your vacation!! We know that "home" feeling well with the Pride :)

Can't imagine how I missed your Liberty review:eek: I will read it right away. We're doing the same ports :D and am always interested in seeing different perspectives.

Thanks again!

ETA: Just realized that we got on the Liberty as you were getting off! Maybe that's how I missed it :(

Edited by soccersharon

We had a great time sailing with you on the Pride when you got engaged. Thanks so much for this review as we are leaving for Breeze in 52 days!

Hey Sally!! You and Wes should have a great time - enjoy!!

Great Review!!! Just 92 days until we are on the Breeze.

Thank you! I hope you have an excellent trip!

Just want to say how much I have loved reading your review. You two are great. Would love to sail with you sometime. Have a wonderful wedding.

Aww, thank you! I can't believe it's coming up so quickly... but can't wait to be able to call Chris my husband :D

Loved your review so much! It makes me more excited to be on the Breeze in 162 days! Thank you for taking the time to do it!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you have an excellent trip!

I loved your review! I'm getting so excited to cruise on jan 27th! Thank you!

Ahh so close! Wanna smuggle us in your luggage?? I'm sooo ready to go back! Having to cook, clean, and work in the real world is no fun LOL! I;m glad we could help get you excited, and have an awesome trip!

I love read it end day!! Can't wait ya back on the Carnval Liberty

Hi Taylor! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and we can't wait either! :D:D

Also - the safe now uses a code-lock mechanism - not the use of a card - SO helpful - that random gift card we bring on board with $0.03 left on it to use to lock wasn't needed :D
LOL - we've always used a card DH has from a tire store. That's the only use it's been for many cruises now.:p Truly enjoyed your review. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding - may you have a long and happy life together. And I'm really looking forward to your honeymoon cruise review!

Hi again review pros, my wife and I have a question. We have been in PA for 3 years and have avoided sailing out of Maryland on the Pride because of the ports of call, especially port Canaveral. It just seems like that is where cruises should start and not head to. I see you have taken many on the Pride, and we LOVE the sister ship Spirit (sailed out of San Diego). Is it worth flying like we have done for the last three years? your opinion, especially after this review, is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Congratulations on your engagement. Beautiful couple :). I proposed on the Magic last March and we had our wedding in San Diego in July. Already had our honeymoon, our cruises are just (hopefully becoming) traditional. Thanks Again!!!

Edited by need2cast