LIve from the Breeze

Cruizinman

So.....I have to assume that the new 40 minute chair hog policy does not apply to the Serenity area?

I would say that is a correct assumption on the Breeze. I've been reading other reviews these last few days and none are reporting finding anything free :eek:.

I was on the Breeze Dec 2nd. I think I was on a different ship though. I had great hot food. Wonderful service everywhere. Never waited in a line more than 5 minutes. I was on the Serenity deck both seadays and had a wonderful clam chair both days. I did get there around 8am and I did see them come around every hour and place a sticker with time on empty chairs with a towel on them. We ate at all the special restaurants and they were great. The Cucina Del Capitano was outstanding for both lunch and dinner. The food in the red frog pub was great for 3 bucks....loved the conch fritters. We did the Cheers package and found it to be lots of fun..trying different drinks....Service at the bars was the best but we did tip the bartenders alittle. Loved guys burgers and fat jimmy's BBQ. Enjoyed the waterslides and the rope course and the thrill theater. We had the best cabin steward that we have ever had..and we cruise alot. Loved the hot tubs on the side of the ship on the promenade deck. The piano bar with Ron and crew was the best time I ever had in a piano bar. I had a great cruise and loved the Breeze.......Can't wait to go back......Mary:)

Diamondgirl; Were you able to drink martinis on the Cheers pkg? I can't remember if they cost more than the $10 maximum drink price allowed. I love to sample martinis; I'm considering the drink pkg. for our cruise in Feb, but wondering if the stuff I like to drink is included. Glad you had a good cruise!!

I was on the Breeze Dec 2nd. I think I was on a different ship though. I had great hot food. Wonderful service everywhere. Never waited in a line more than 5 minutes. I was on the Serenity deck both seadays and had a wonderful clam chair both days. I did get there around 8am and I did see them come around every hour and place a sticker with time on empty chairs with a towel on them. We ate at all the special restaurants and they were great. The Cucina Del Capitano was outstanding for both lunch and dinner. The food in the red frog pub was great for 3 bucks....loved the conch fritters. We did the Cheers package and found it to be lots of fun..trying different drinks....Service at the bars was the best but we did tip the bartenders alittle. Loved guys burgers and fat jimmy's BBQ. Enjoyed the waterslides and the rope course and the thrill theater. We had the best cabin steward that we have ever had..and we cruise alot. Loved the hot tubs on the side of the ship on the promenade deck. The piano bar with Ron and crew was the best time I ever had in a piano bar. I had a great cruise and loved the Breeze.......Can't wait to go back......Mary:)

Diamondgirl; Were you able to drink martinis on the Cheers pkg? I can't remember if they cost more than the $10 maximum drink price allowed. I love to sample martinis; I'm considering the drink pkg. for our cruise in Feb, but wondering if the stuff I like to drink is included. Glad you had a good cruise!!

Sorry for hijacking the question, but yes, martini's are included, even the ones with a Grey Goose upgrade since they only cost 9.95. Edit...the official Martini sampler is not included since it costs over 10 bucks, but all you need to do is order full size versions at 5 minute intervals and you're good to go.

So.....I have to assume that the new 40 minute chair hog policy does not apply to the Serenity area?

On the TA crossing it was enforced. They were very fast with the stickers and kept an eye out.

My statement dealt with 99.9% of school aged kids across the country, not 1 out of 1000 that is home schooled. If there were home schooled children on a cruise, I am sure they would be well behaved children, not unruly kids. There is a big difference.

You are right about home-schooled kids. Mine is one of them.:D

Yes, we fully understand from your comprehensive review of your stay on the Carnival Breeze that we should look forward to being served pretty good food served cold.

We shall now return to our regularly scheduled posts from those CC members that have taken the time the grant us their words of wisdom more than 19 times. :rolleyes:

I find useful information on every review regardless of the number of posts one has.

I find very telling the statement about "pretty good food served cold". It speaks volumes about the skill of the cookstaff vs the overworked service crew.

I suppose there are those who would prefer mediocre food served hot but I'm not one of them.

A big THANKS to those willing to post a less than stellar review. ALL reviews have merit if one is willing to take them to heart. Even the most maudlin...

YMMV

As for whether or not to take children out of school for vacation is really up to the parents. Most parents know if their childrens are "struggling" or not and this should weigh upon their decision.

My siblings and I regularly accompanied my parents on vacations during the school year with no ill effects but, then again, we were all fairly decent students.

Looking back, I can't thank my parents enough for their decisions. Those vacations with family are memories I will cherish forever.

YMMV though and, yes, there are those children who will misbehave. Been there, done that and learned from it...

If a parent wants to take THEIR child out of school to take a family vacation that is their right

Actually, it's not their "right." There are laws requiring school attendance, and when that child comes back from vacation and takes resources from the school in order to catch up it affects other students. Multiply that by 100 kids in a school and there are serious problems. It's an irresponsible decision that has ripple effects across the system.

There are scheduled vacations during the school year, and that is when you should take your kids.

Actually, it's not their "right." There are laws requiring school attendance, and when that child comes back from vacation and takes resources from the school in order to catch up it affects other students. Multiply that by 100 kids in a school and there are serious problems. It's an irresponsible decision that has ripple effects across the system.

There are scheduled vacations during the school year, and that is when you should take your kids.

Like!

School districts lose funds for everyday a student misses school.

School districts lose funds for everyday a student misses school.

I see you are from Moscow, Russia....are you speaking from your experience in Russia or America? In Montana, our school district does not lose money because of absences. Do excessive absences hurt a child's learning...yes. Is an experience to travel to foreign countries beneficial to children...ABSOLUTELY. I have been in education for over 30 years, and while I would agree that it is best to travel during school vacations, if your child is a good student.....then sometimes it is just more cost efficient to go on off weeks. As my father said, and he was a lot wiser than me, "there are some things you just can't learn from a book" and I believe travel and the experiences that go with it are one of those things. I also believe homework should be brought along and done a little each day or on the airplane.

Is the italian rest. open the 1st day for lunch?? Is it similiar to the one on the dream??

Yes, the Cucina del Capitano is open for lunch each day from 12-230. It's free and consists of cooked to order pasta dishes that you pick from a checklist menu. They also have lasagna.

Archived