Balconies on Carnival Spirit

jessica3152

Hi

My wife and I along with another couple are booking a cruise on Carnival Spirit next year. We are thinking of getting adjoining balcony cabins. Does anyone know if Carnival open the dividers between the balconies so we can have a single larger balcony? I know some cruiseships can do this whilst others can't.

If it is not available, the need for having adjoining cabins probably goes away.

Thanks

Hi

My wife and I along with another couple are booking a cruise on Carnival Spirit next year. We are thinking of getting adjoining balcony cabins. Does anyone know if Carnival open the dividers between the balconies so we can have a single larger balcony? I know some cruiseships can do this whilst others can't.

If it is not available, the need for having adjoining cabins probably goes away.

Thanks

Some not all of the dividers are removable. Your TA should be able to find out for you.

Hi

Thanks

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival Spirit

I believe all dividers can be opened, ask your steward. The link above will show you what cabins are connecting.

Hi

Thanks

Yes they can be opened but do not wait to ask your steward.

Both cabins need to go to the Guest Service desk ASAP.

On Spirit class ships they use a clip to hold the divider open at the rail.

GS desk will have a first come first serve list since the ship has a limited amount of clips.

th?id=I.5020087391290362&pid=1.9

Not all can be opened. We had 4 cabins on the spirit last year. We had an OS,Vista and 2 aft balconies. We could have the aft and the OS opened making it one long balcony!! but the aft balconies can not be opened due to wind according to Guest Services. We did not got o G.S. we just called and they sent someone right up to take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...

YES some do open up.

Breeze connecting balconies are weird like the Conquest class ships.

Especially if the cabin is a connecting cabin.

Rule of thumb is the cabins are connecting then the balconies cannot be opened.

The dividers swing inwards to the hull unlike on Spirit class ships where the dividers swing outwards to the rail.

• 1 month later...
This link doesn't seem to work anymore. We recently switched our cabin to a balcony and we have three balconies in a room on the spa deck. Will we be able to open all three balconies?

Sorry about the link. That site is being worked on .. ummm 2 weeks now. {feel bad for the TA's that use it}

3 balconies in a row on Breeze most likely only 2 will be able to have the divider opened.

It is every other one that can be safely opened. The 3rd if opened you would have the exterior balcony door blocked causing a safety issue.

So if we have three balconies in a row we cannot open both the dividers on our middle room?

No.

The dividers swing into the hull meaning they swing against the window, door.

So, if A and B have their exterior balcony doors next to one another than the divider cannot be opened safely as it would block the exterior door. However B and C could be opened safely as only part of the window would be blocked.

Here is the balcony door from our cruise. See how the exterior door opens to the divider?

In this case the balcony divider would block the exterior door of the cabin next to ours.

ry%3D400

We were on the Spirit to Alaska last September. We had connecting balcony cabins with my sister and bro-in-law. There's a difference between "adjoining" and "connecting." Connecting rooms means there's an interior door between the two cabins, adjoining means they are next to each other but no in-cabin door in between. We asked that our balcony divider be opened -- we had to request this thru guest services on Day 1. It took one full day before they did it. We were also warned that opening the divider would obscure part of our balcony because the divider swings outwards, not inwards. We opted to have the divider open because it gave us a much longer balcony and after a while really didn't notice that part of the balcony was obscured.

We were on the Spirit to Alaska last September. We had connecting balcony cabins with my sister and bro-in-law. There's a difference between "adjoining" and "connecting." Connecting rooms means there's an interior door between the two cabins, adjoining means they are next to each other but no in-cabin door in between. We asked that our balcony divider be opened -- we had to request this thru guest services on Day 1. It took one full day before they did it. We were also warned that opening the divider would obscure part of our balcony because the divider swings outwards, not inwards. We opted to have the divider open because it gave us a much longer balcony and after a while really didn't notice that part of the balcony was obscured.

Yes, I realize our rooms do not connect on the inside. We tried to get two of the rooms connecting from the inside but there were ntot any available.

Archived