Are the production shows on the Reflection the same as the ones on the Silhouette?

stipmom

We were on the Silhouette in May and are thinking of doing the Reflection in Feb. and are wondering if we will be seeing the same shows with just different performers.

No, they are different shows. On the Reflection their show "Reflection" is a rock n' roll show. They also have a "Broadway" show, similar..but not the same, and another show (I can't remember the name of it for the life of me) but it is a high-energy show similar to "Velocity" on the Silhouette.

Also have guest artists, some are the same---but most are new guests :)

Much of the band is from the early sailings of Silhouette, and as well as some of the cast is the same!

Source : My boyfriend was the pianist on the Silhouette, and now the Reflection!

Nick Weir mentioned during one of his hosting duties that the shows are all new and have been in preparation for about 1-1/2 years. The three big shows performed on our 14 night cruise from Barcelona on Oct 21 were 'Center Stage' on day 2, 'Reflection - The Show' on day seven, and 'Momentum' on day 12. All of these were the formal nights.

We took the backstage tour, and the cast said the shows are new, but it costs so much to bring them together, that they last for around 5 years on a ship. So I guess if you revisit a ship, the production show will be the same. Maybe someday I'll find out:).

I want to say it's called "Gravity" ....Rory told me the other day when I asked about it...my mind isn't working :rolleyes:

The last show is called Momentum. All production shows were new and excellent. Specialty acts were also very good, especially comics, magicians, and Sean O'Shea (impressions and hilarious Elvis act got standing o's) The whole orchestra is excellent.

Got to meet Rory in the elevator one day and he's a neat young man as well as a great pianist. Really enjoyed his cabaret duet with one of the lead female singers on the last night in the Ensemble lounge.

The last show is called Momentum. All production shows were new and excellent. Specialty acts were also very good, especially comics, magicians, and Sean O'Shea (impressions and hilarious Elvis act got standing o's) The whole orchestra is excellent.

Got to meet Rory in the elevator one day and he's a neat young man as well as a great pianist. Really enjoyed his cabaret duet with one of the lead female singers on the last night in the Ensemble lounge.

That's what its called! Thanks ;)

Great to hear that you enjoyed the shows and were able to meet Rory, he's pretty neat, isn't he! lol

I can't wait to be on board and see these shows!!

I may actually go to some of those shows - especially if there are some rock numbers (not a big fan of Broadway tunes). I will be looking for Rory of course!!

Are there ant late bright adult comedy shows; really enjoyed those on other ships.

As far as I hear there have been a couple (maybe Arno would be the one to ask about how common they are)!

As far as I hear there have been a couple (maybe Arno would be the one to ask about how common they are)!

i have seen some good and some bad ones.. but each S class cruise i have been on has had one or two shows..

I may actually go to some of those shows - especially if there are some rock numbers (not a big fan of Broadway tunes). I will be looking for Rory of course!!

Oh, you are going to like these shows! Especially Reflection - the Show. They are not your grandfather's cruise ship production shows! :D

Are there ant late bright adult comedy shows; really enjoyed those on other ships.

On our 14 night cruise, there were two separate late night comedians. Unfortunately, the one I saw was more vulgar than funny. Some of the acts on the main stage were of comedic style, and very funny.

• 1 month later...

Reflection-The Show is awesome aboard the Reflection. All classic rock with cirque acts. Loved It !!!!! I admit to loving these songs already but the new arrangements were amazing and it sounded absolutely wonderful in the theatre. What fun !!!

Archived