Help!

I am heading up a group on the Triumph. Long story short, I sent out an email with booking number and PIN number along with my PVP's direct line in an email.

A gentleman called to book last night who has never cruised before, and INEXPLICABLY, when my PVP didn't answer and the next representative picked up, the gentleman used my name instead of the booking number to book. My name is common, and he ended up booked on a boat in Port C instead of ours in Galveston.

100% this dude's fault, as he had never booked before, and I guess he didn't realize there are different ports. Carnival is wanting to charge him a pretty good chunk to change bookings.

Any ideas on how to help him, if it's possible???

Thx

I am heading up a group on the Triumph. Long story short, I sent out an email with booking number and PIN number along with my PVP's direct line in an email.

A gentleman called to book last night who has never cruised before, and INEXPLICABLY, when my PVP didn't answer and the next representative picked up, the gentleman used my name instead of the booking number to book. My name is common, and he ended up booked on a boat in Port C instead of ours in Galveston.

100% this dude's fault, as he had never booked before, and I guess he didn't realize there are different ports. Carnival is wanting to charge him a pretty good chunk to change bookings.

Thx

You didn't say when your group is sailing, but, if it's not too soon, he can cancel the reservation he made, get a refund, and re-book via the way you originally instructed.

The response I got today from my pvp:

Hi Rick,

Just spoke to Virgil and was able to fix this but there is an extra person I believe part of your group that booked with a travel agent and is booked on the same wrong cruise..seems like they are not paying attention to you and not calling me. If they do not get me….tell them NOT to book the cruise.. I cannot fix the other one. Fixed Virgil as a courtesy to you since I do not get any credit. Thanks!

I don't know this "other person" that booked with a TA. Didn't recognize the name, but oh well, my guys is fixed

Thx

This is a perfect example of why you should never underestimate the value of a good TA who specializes in group travel.

The response I got today from my pvp:

Hi Rick,

Just spoke to Virgil and was able to fix this but there is an extra person I believe part of your group that booked with a travel agent and is booked on the same wrong cruise..seems like they are not paying attention to you and not calling me. If they do not get me….tell them NOT to book the cruise.. I cannot fix the other one. Fixed Virgil as a courtesy to you since I do not get any credit. Thanks!

I don't know this "other person" that booked with a TA. Didn't recognize the name, but oh well, my guys is fixed

Hmm, "Virgil as a courtesy to you since I do not get any credit"... well, it is to your credit as you will have the increased likelihood of repeat business. If it is in your ability and you didn't do it, it would make you a bad PVP and I wouldn't want to use you again...

Sorry, I just didn't appreciate the snarky comment that they gave you... I feel like it being a courtesy is understood and doesn't need to be said.

Archived