RCI Blanket visas for Vietnam?

RCI will do a blanket visa for Vietnam on the Freo to Singapore cruise,if I already have a multi entry visa to Vietnam in my aussie passport will RCI still charge me the blanket visa charge?

Dilemma- I am returning to Vietnam after the cruise so if I get a single entry visa now for my return trip it may be classed as used if I do the blanket visa thing because I have entered the country before?

A multi entry visa is not that cheap and if i get one and RCI charge me as well it will work out expensive.

Any Knowledge on Vietnam visas?

Cheers

Den

The ship usually organises blanket visas but I am sure you can go to the purser and have the charge reversed or a note made of no need or organise visa as one is already held.

Sue

The only experience I have with Blanket visas was in Indonesia where everyone passports were collected and held onboard by Indonesian officials until we left Indonesian waters!

If the same happens in vietnam then I will have to front up to an immigration area and have my passport stamped etc. this may lead me to missing the early tour bus? And I would also need to do Immigration again on the way out?

Den

The only experience I have with Blanket visas was in Indonesia where everyone passports were collected and held onboard by Indonesian officials until we left Indonesian waters!

If the same happens in vietnam then I will have to front up to an immigration area and have my passport stamped etc. this may lead me to missing the early tour bus? And I would also need to do Immigration again on the way out?

Den

Honestly Vietnam does not stick out in my mind despite having gone there a number of times...so I am thinking they just automatically put visas in passports without the lining up. The only places I can remember having to line up and face the officials were US ports and Japan (I think) in any case they did it onboard the day before so there was no problem in getting off in time for tours etc.

Some one else must have a better memory than me...or you could check with the cruise line.

Sue

Archived