first time cruise

misseulalie

A few questions since this is our first cruise...

Does it matter if we booked it from Orbitz and not disney? ( for schedules, getting kids in certain activities, do people who booked through Disney get more perks and first choice for things?

If we have a late seating, are there activities for our 4 year old while we eat at Palo?

Can we make a reservation for Palo's now?

Do they have activites for the kids during the day we are at Nassau? (in case we don't want to get off the ship)

If we have late seatng, will our 4 year old make it to a 8:30 seating? are there fast food type restaurants for her to get a snack between lunch and dinner?

Last question, but REALLY stupid.... are meals free or do we pay extra?

(basically is it all inclusive?) :o

THANKS!!!!

The brochure should tell you what is included. All meals are included but there is a $10 per person cover charge for Paolo. Also, at the end of the cruise, you are expected to tip the cabin steward, waiter, and assistant waiter. Plan about $10 per person per day for the tips. With such young children you would probably be happier on the early, 6:00 p.m. dinner seating.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

It does not matter who you book with, everything is available for everyone.

The kids clubs atart about 10 a.m. I believe, and go until midnight and some days until 1:00 a.m..

When you first get into your room, they are ready at 1:30 p.m. the first day your navigator paper will be waiting for you. It will tell the times to report to the kids club to register your child, get a look at the area where they will be and get all your questions answered. Some special things you have to sign the child up for, such as decorating pillowcases and other art projects and you sign up ahead of times for special kids projects on castaway cay. I believe you can register your child on line now and make Palo's reservations to. This is new to the DCL cruise site, and I havnt tried it yet, but I have read of others who have. They will give you a beeper that they will use to summon you should the need arise. You can also sign in with your child and stay with them for awhile until they get aquainted with others and feel comfortable with the club. So child care while your at palo's should not be a problem. I don't know if it's still this way, but it use to be the kids clubs were open while in port, but you were not suppose to leave the ship while they watched your child, in case of an emergency. ASs far as late dining goes, this is hard for little ones. They usually sleep through it as all the excitement tires them out. You can request a change in dining times as soon as you get on board the first day. The place and time are listed in the navigator paper. If you want to do this, go immediately at the time set for it because it's a first come first serve basis. Once the room if full your out of luck. Or you could leave her in the club during dinner, they have matts in the back for sleepy kids to use. Then take her earlier to the pool area on deck 9 They have pizza, hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, chicken burgers,chips and scoops has fresh fruit, sometimes wraps and of course ice cream for desserts.

If you think she would need a snack later on, scoops has paper plates you can put some fruit or wrap on and keep in the frig in your room. There is a drink station on deck 9 too. all the free pop, coffee, tea, high c punch, milk, and hot chocolate. that is available 24 hours a day. early morning they have some pastries for to have with early coffee. also by the drink station they have a cookie tray in the afternoons too, usually chocolate chip. Of course there are several things a kid would like on the room service menu. It's inside a hard back book in your room, no extra charge for room service, but tip is optional. It has mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup, tuna sandwiches. and much more. At 11:00 at night they have hor durves by the promenade lounge and by the other clubs too. small selection, but a good snack. One night they have a midnight dessert buffet, which is fantastic!!!

I can't remember what your other questions are ,but I hope this has helped some. we have been on 6 disney cruises and have 3 more booked, with people of all ages. If you think of any more questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them.

mom x4,grandma x4:o

Archived