Do you bring a beach towel??

maggieworkman

Do you bring your own beach towel from home?? We are going to Coco Cay and Atlantis/Nassau.

I am probably going to bring at least one for my DD because she has allergies to detergents and we have to use a special kind. So I am wondering if I should just throw in another??

I also have one of these towels that are specially made to fit over a lounge chair (it kind of has a pocket at the top to hold the towel in place). I thought this might be nice for when we are lounging around the pool.

Maggie

When you consider how strict the airlines are with luggage weight, you really don't want to weigh down your luggage with bulky towels. The cruise line provides very nice towels for the beaches and the pool chairs. Just bring the one for your daughter.

Maggie, I always take my own beach towels. I bought a couple of the thin $4 beach towels at WalMart - just for cruising. They're very lightweight, take up hardly any room in your luggage.

Most cruiselines charge for a 'missing' towel, so with having my own to take ashore, I'm not worried about the $22 charge if it comes up lost! Also - when going ashore at a port, the smaller beach towels fit nicely into a tote bag - as opposed to the ship's huge bulky ones.:)

Also - The ship's beach towels that are in my cabin are never used. When I go on deck to sun, I get a towel from the attendant on deck, then return it to her when I leave the deck.

We always take our own. (we drive to the port). This way we don't get charged ($22.00/towel) for the towels if we lose them and I can easily spot our towels and lounge chairs. They fold flat and really don't take up that much room and if we lose them or they are stolen it's no big deal.;)

I would vote no, too much bulk added to the suitcase. I would not want extra wet towels hanging around the cabin, either. They do state you have a $20 charge for lost towels, but I have no way of knowing how they check on this, we've always just thrown our dirty towels in a bin when getting back onboard.

I can understand your concern for your daughter, my daughter is sensitive to detergent also, we've never had a problem with towels from a cruise ship, though. She uses their pool towels and the towels in the cabin after a shower. I'm a firm believer in not packing something that is already provided by the ship (except toiletries).

Maggie, I always take my own beach towels. I bought a couple of the thin $4 beach towels at WalMart - just for cruising. They're very lightweight, take up hardly any room in your luggage.

Most cruiselines charge for a 'missing' towel, so with having my own to take ashore, I'm not worried about the $22 charge if it comes up lost! Also - when going ashore at a port, the smaller beach towels fit nicely into a tote bag - as opposed to the ship's huge bulky ones.:)

Also - The ship's beach towels that are in my cabin are never used. When I go on deck to sun, I get a towel from the attendant on deck, then return it to her when I leave the deck.

Ditto!! We purchased the same $4 towels at Wal-Mart. If we loose 'em or even choose to leave them behind, who cares. I also think it will help, when we visit the beaches in front of the hotels in Nassau, to not be identified as a cruiser.

Archived