Dining Ashore

jlines

Would like to know of anyone's experience with using the vouchers in Bermuda - where you ate, what you ate, special menu or $25 of anything you wanted, and if you thought it was worth it. Thank you.

I ate at the Carriage House -- I thought it was well worth it-- They did not have a "special" menu- Food was very good, nice ambience.. One word of caution, be sure you know exactly what the charge is before you order- I thought it was a good deal- BTW, this was in August of 2004 and I was on the Crown-- Trip is great- enjoy!

We ate at the Carriage House a few weeks ago using a dinner voucher (Majesty May 8th , 2005 cruise). They did have a special menu for you to order off of. It was however quite extensive, but still did not include all the items on the regular menu. We had a wonderful dinner and were treated quite well.

We heard that they would be moving back into their original building by the water the week after we left. It had extensive damage from the huricane a couple of years ago. Moving back into the old building on the water will only make the atmosphere more wonderful.

We also ate at the Frog and Onion pub in Dockyard, and the Barricuda Grill in Hamilton and paid for these meals, but did see people using the Dine Ashore vouchers. The Frog and Onion has an excellent burger with seasoned beef and crispy fried onions on top. The Barricuda Grill in Hamilton has great seafood and was packed with locals.

The Carriage House is in St. George. I read good reviews about it, so I may try it this year.

During our last Bermuda cruise we used the $10.00 dinner coupon at the Hog Penny, in Hamilton-----Limited menu for Dine Ashore, but delicious. Our server was excellent.

After dinner we stayed in town for the Wednesday Nite Street Fest. Too crowded, could not see some of the acts.

• 3 weeks later...

They do have a list which you get with the voucher. I think that you can view it from NCL's website.

Probably most to all have limited menus. Maybe the excursion or pursers desk on board would have more info.

Last year we had dinner at the Hog Penny. The fish was delicious, and the chocolate brownie "to die for."

This year we might try the Carriage House. Sailing in July.

Thank you for the reply. I did have the list of Restaurants but they didn't say if it was a limited menu or not. Now that I think about it, does it really matter? After all, it's not like I'll be going hungry for a week.

Greetings! While I'm not aware of what restaurants are involved in the program, I do have one great recommendation for Hamilton regardless of the program.

DH and I always go to Flanigan's Pub. It's directly across from where the ships dock, on the second floor of a building. Try to get a table on the deck, as it's a great place to watch people and take in the scenery. DH always gets Bangers and Mash, while I'm partial to the Shepherd's Pie.

Do not miss the Bermuda Onion rings!!!

We were on the June 5th sailing of Norwegian Majesty. We had dinner at the Carriage House in St. George's. As of that sailing it had not moved back to its original location. The menu was quite extensive and the food was wonderful. Candle light atmosphere was great once sun set. Will be going back there in October when we do this cruise again and can't wait

I wasn't perfectly happy with all the dining options on the majesty but i think the dine ashore program is excellent. We too had a great meal at the carriage house - I had an excellent ceasar salad, a pasta/chicken dish and a nice dessert well within the allottment. It allowed us to get off the boat and enjoy some local tastes and atmoshpere for the cost of 10. We had to pay for drinks but you're charged on the boat for them too. I would do this again if i go on NCL next time.

I highly recommend the Seafood Delight for dinner at the Carriage House. I was there in August 2004. I believe we were able to order off the regular menu at that time. The Frog and Onion Pub at the Dockyards is another lunchtime favorite of mine. The vouchers are a great way to experience some local dining.

• 1 month later...

They will be in your cabin on the second day of your cruise. There will be an envelope with 2 vouchers and a booklet of where you can use them. If you use them, $5 per voucher will be added to your shipboard account. If you don't use them make sure you turn them back in at the pursers desk or you will be charged for them anyway.

My husband and I were in Bermuda in June and used our vouchers at the Frog and Onion at the Dockyard. It was well worth it. The menu was somewhat limited but it offered a good variety and it also had more selections than the "sample" menu that the ship provides

They will be in your cabin on the second day of your cruise. There will be an envelope with 2 vouchers and a booklet of where you can use them. If you use them, $5 per voucher will be added to your shipboard account. If you don't use them make sure you turn them back in at the pursers desk or you will be charged for them anyway.

Its $5.00 per for lunch. $10.00 per dinner, Unfortunately there is a limit of one per person per voyage. Although you may be able to buy them from a fellow cruiser who is not using theirs. If you want to upgrade for a dinner one you need to do it at the front desk before you go...

My husband and I were on the Majesty to Bermuda on 7/17-24. We ate dinner at Griffins in St. Georges. The menu was very limited, but the food was good. Next time we would probably use the vouchers for lunch and eat our dinners on the ship.

we ate at the Pickled Onion in Hamilton... they had a limited menu with several appetizer and entree choices, and a set dessert, which is posted outside the door. We were there on Wednesday evening and were outsite on the balcony which was overlooking the Harbour Nights street fair, and we could see the ship from there...it was a nice view!

Another thing to note--I believe in most of the places soft drinks are not included.

We were on the majesty cruise on 07/17. We used are for dinner. We ate at the pickled onion in Hamilton it was very good. We had a prime rib dinner with appetizer and dessert. We had to sign the original bill just for their records and it would have been $69.00. Not bad since we paid $10.00 each.

Archived