Cricket broadcast on Radiance?

Hi all.

I was hoping someone who has been on the Radiance recently (or over last summer) would be able to tell me if the cricket is broadcast any where on the ship (including stateroom TVs).

Thanks!

Hi,

We just got of Voyager and there was no direct coverage of the cricket test just scores in the news.most of the TV stations are american stuff like espn etc.all we got in the sports bar was gridiron and soccer....not good when your a cricket fanatic.

col:mad:

Hi,

We just got of Voyager and there was no direct coverage of the cricket test just scores in the news.most of the TV stations are american stuff like espn etc.all we got in the sports bar was gridiron and soccer....not good when your a cricket fanatic.

col:mad:

Thanks for the reply. That's a shame! It would have been good to sit on the deck in front of the large screen (on the Radiance) with a beer in hand, watching the test! :(

We just got off Radiance and my hubby was very unimpressed about the lack of cricket coverage!! He made friends with a couple of the crew who had wi-fi access and they kept him updated on the score :D. We travelled on Rhapsody same time last year and the Captain recognised there were a lot of Aussies on the ship and gave score updates throughout the day along with his announcements!

But I have seen reviews with photos where the Bathurst 1000 was shown on the big screen in the pool area - think this was an Oct11 cruise where Radiance was repositioning to Sydney for summer. The photo was taken somewhere between NZ and Sydney. So they can show Australian TV if they want to.

DW and I am on the NYE cruise commencing 30th Dec so would enjoy seeing the last Aus/Sri Lanka test from Sydney starting 2nd Jan I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Radiance this morning.

They cant even spell cricket let alone find a way to show the broadcasts. There is Fox sports available at odd times on your stateroom TV but it depends on the ships position as to whether you will receive the channels.

The Quill and Compass pub has constant ESPN (amongst other channels on TV's showing programs). But thats about it.

I forgot that you were a cricket fan or I would have given you updates.

I am not sure if you met Terry. (He is from Jamaica and is a big cricket fan) When he brought me my beer on the first night in the MDR he realised that I am an ex South African living in Australia so knew I would want cricket updates from both the Aus vs Sri Lanka and SA vs NZ tests, and every time I saw him he would give me score updates.

He was superb. Every time he would see me, he would just arrive with a new Heineken for me. :D

Thx for that - ended up with some internet access so was able to get intermittent updates that way although the AUS/Sri Lanka Test was less than competative. Now for the One Dayer's.

Agreed - the MDR staff were excellent. Our guys (Michael and Shirjit) always remembered our girls names and had their soft drinks ready for us when we sat down. As my wife an I usually had wine they couldn't do the same for us!.

Archived