Pre-book dining email

njaloha

Plan now—play tomorrow. Maximize your time aboard by planning activities today.

This is the subject line of the 3 emails I received last week to encourage me to pre-book my specialty dining choices.

Unfortunately, when I try to do this (several times) I get a message that says the following:

Online reservations for Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date. Please note that certain itineraries preclude online reservations, but they may be available onboard.

I'm sailing on the Silhouette, 7 night Western Caribbean on January 27, 2013.

Is this one of those itineraries? Hmmmm, maybe. I'd love to chat with Celebrity to find out, however, their online chat is down and I've been waiting for 10 minutes (and counting) to talk to a representative. Beginning the call, I was told it would be an 8 minute wait.

so I decided to start this thread while I wait and enjoy the Celebrity promo and music. :cool:

grumble grumble. I need INSTANT answers!!!! :eek: A "nano-second" before I need the answer.

On the phone now . . . 12 min :p

At what point in the process do you get that message? I am able to select dining for our Feb 17th sailing on the Silhouette of the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I didn't finalize it, but I was able to select a time & table for 2 in Qsine and got up to the "Add this reservation" page showing a total of $80.

Welcome to the Celebrity web site! Many of us have tried "chat", some have tried for days, just as an experiment...never a response. Tried to book excursions on our last cruise and they never listed them.....and so on. No need to complain about the web site to Celebrity, they are fully aware of the problems and seem to have chosen to ignore them.....for years.

Welcome to the Celebrity web site! Many of us have tried "chat", some have tried for days, just as an experiment...never a response. Tried to book excursions on our last cruise and they never listed them.....and so on. No need to complain about the web site to Celebrity, they are fully aware of the problems and seem to have chosen to ignore them.....for years.

Here is a number to call just for specialty arrangements 800-722-5941. Gets you directly to reservations for dinning

When I finally did get through, the website representative mentioned that he'd been getting phone calls all day because an update over the weekend had messed up the website.

He was very kind and gracious and helped me with my reservation. I had no problem "chatting" in the past so maybe it was related to the update.

At what point in the process do you get that message? I am able to select dining for our Feb 17th sailing on the Silhouette of the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I didn't finalize it, but I was able to select a time & table for 2 in Qsine and got up to the "Add this reservation" page showing a total of $80.

I received the message at the top of the screen when I hit the Book button. It was bright red.

First, I clicked Manage My Reservation, then Reserve Specialty Dining then BOOK NOW for the restaurant/alcove choice that I wanted. The next screen had the message in bright red at the top.

Plan now—play tomorrow. Maximize your time aboard by planning activities today.

This is the subject line of the 3 emails I received last week to encourage me to pre-book my specialty dining choices.

Unfortunately, when I try to do this (several times) I get a message that says the following:

Online reservations for Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date. Please note that certain itineraries preclude online reservations, but they may be available onboard.

I'm sailing on the Silhouette, 7 night Western Caribbean on January 27, 2013.

Is this one of those itineraries? Hmmmm, maybe. I'd love to chat with Celebrity to find out, however, their online chat is down and I've been waiting for 10 minutes (and counting) to talk to a representative. Beginning the call, I was told it would be an 8 minute wait.

so I decided to start this thread while I wait and enjoy the Celebrity promo and music. :cool:

grumble grumble. I need INSTANT answers!!!! :eek: A "nano-second" before I need the answer.

On the phone now . . . 12 min :p

I keep getting this email to an email address I do not use for my reservations and addressed to "Dear Paul W.,". I am female, my first name is not "Paul" and my surname not "W.".

I have not idea why I am getting them!

Sue

I keep getting this email to an email address I do not use for my reservations and addressed to "Dear Paul W.,". I am female, my first name is not "Paul" and my surname not "W.".

I have not idea why I am getting them!

Sue

:p That's a good one. Is there an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email? OR maybe it's a junk email that's not really from Celebrity but from a Phishing site. Report it as junk or block Celebrity from your senders and they'll stop showing up.

I received the message at the top of the screen when I hit the Book button. It was bright red.

First, I clicked Manage My Reservation, then Reserve Specialty Dining then BOOK NOW for the restaurant/alcove choice that I wanted. The next screen had the message in bright red at the top.

Sounds like Celebrity's website struck again! Glad you got it taken care of over the phone.

Archived