What age group to expect on VOS in Jan

Zanny

Hui, Does any one have any ideas about what age group we could expect :)to be on the Voyager Of The Seas ship in January as I am going with my 22 yr old son on this ship instead of Princess as i thought we could get a mixture of age groups. any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Zanny

Hui, Does any one have any ideas about what age group we could expect :)to be on the Voyager Of The Seas ship in January as I am going with my 22 yr old son on this ship instead of Princess as i thought we could get a mixture of age groups. any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Zanny

Hi,

How long is the Cruise and what is the destination?

The longer the Cruise the older the passengers seems to be the way it works and I suspect NZ cruises attract older passengers than Pacific Island cruises.

M

I expect it to be more 'older' than younger.

We were on Radiance to NZ for 2 weeks last year and the demo was definately older.

We had been on a couple of P&O ships before we decided to try RCL. on P&O it was certainly more of a party atmosphere and the nightclubs etc were going well into the early hours of the morning. One night on the Radiance I went upstairs to the nightclub at about 10pm as I felt like I was probably missing out on something ... it had 3 people; the DJ, Bar man and a security guard! So I went back to the cabin ... LOL Everyone seemed to be in bed.

P&O would have had hundreds of people up at the club, shows, nightclub all night.

Having said that, we are going on the VOS in January and we are both late 30's and son is 7. And there will be heaps of kids I guess being school holidays.

We did find on Radiance this time last year a lot of American older retired people who were great to talk to, I loved listening to their accents and one breakfast we met 6 or so and talked till about 10:30 when they finally kicked us out of the MDR.

The roll call for Hobart is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579378 and there is some mention of people and their age groups, kids etc if that helps give you an idea.

But in reality everyone is on there to have a holiday and a cruise, you have a lot in common with everyone already. The age group isn't a huge thing I don't find.

I expect it to be more 'older' than younger.

We were on Radiance to NZ for 2 weeks last year and the demo was definately older.

We had been on a couple of P&O ships before we decided to try RCL. on P&O it was certainly more of a party atmosphere and the nightclubs etc were going well into the early hours of the morning. One night on the Radiance I went upstairs to the nightclub at about 10pm as I felt like I was probably missing out on something ... it had 3 people; the DJ, Bar man and a security guard! So I went back to the cabin ... LOL Everyone seemed to be in bed.

P&O would have had hundreds of people up at the club, shows, nightclub all night.

Having said that, we are going on the VOS in January and we are both late 30's and son is 7. And there will be heaps of kids I guess being school holidays.

We did find on Radiance this time last year a lot of American older retired people who were great to talk to, I loved listening to their accents and one breakfast we met 6 or so and talked till about 10:30 when they finally kicked us out of the MDR.

The roll call for Hobart is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579378 and there is some mention of people and their age groups, kids etc if that helps give you an idea.

But in reality everyone is on there to have a holiday and a cruise, you have a lot in common with everyone already. The age group isn't a huge thing I don't find.

I agree to an extent Kevin, we had a great couple of older Kiwis share our Diner table for our last Cruise.

The other side is some older Cruisers complain constantly and I have been on several cruises where many appeared to be so sick they should not have been on the Ship.

I am in my late forties and I prefer a broad range of age groups on the Cruises I have been on, one in particular was very elderly and I hated it to the point I nearly gave up on Cruise holidays, it was like a retirement home that I could not escape.

Mikey22 The cruise is going to Noumea and Latokua and then down to New Zealand. I am not young myself but mid 50's but with a youg outlook. (not that i have anything against old people at all0 but one of the cruises i went on princess had about 100 or more mobility scooters on it which was a bit of a diaster trying to get around.Mya be in school holidays they won't be on the ship any way. the cruise is 14 nights. Another question was there much shopping on board.

Regards Zanny:)

Mikey22 The cruise is going to Noumea and Latokua and then down to New Zealand. I am not young myself but mid 50's but with a youg outlook. (not that i have anything against old people at all0 but one of the cruises i went on princess had about 100 or more mobility scooters on it which was a bit of a diaster trying to get around.Mya be in school holidays they won't be on the ship any way. the cruise is 14 nights. Another question was there much shopping on board.

We just got off VOS on saturday, and I was quite surprised at the amount of really elderly people and zimmer frames, I know the NZ cruises always attract older passengers, but I really thought the size of Voyager may have detered them...obviously not, it certainly would'nt appeal to me if I was elderly and physically challenged!, it's so big and it's impossible at times for an abled bodied person to get in the lifts, let alone someone with a wheelchair or walking frame. Our cruise did have a mixture of ages, but not a lot of young adults, we went to the nightclub 1 night with our daughter, and there would have been about 10 people in there, and most of those were couples over 35. Our cruise did'nt seem to have huge numbers of children on it, but the rumour was the next cruise there were going to be 500 with 900 on the christmas cruise:eek:. January being holiday period you would think it would attract more families and working people, plus the older people don't usually like to travel in school holiday's. Robin:)

Hi Zanny

I think on this cruise we'll have a good mix especially considering it's Jan school holidays. All the triple and four berth cabins have been sold out so that should mean lots of families (including mine :D).

I think we are on that cruise too (13/1/13) and we are a family of 4 ranging from 16 years to 49 years.

Archived