My awesome bar versus Open Bar

angel24_ga

FOr those of you who have had the privilage of having the "open bar" card on the cruises before, can you please compare for me.

We have the card for a corp cruise coming up in Jan and now the My awesome bar has been added to the ship we are on.

Trying to compare the two to see the difference.

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot different, but I know with the last time I cruised with people who had the open bar card, they could not get shots - this new program does allow shots - as long as you aren't buying more than one drink within 5 minutes. I like the flexibility of it, in that you don't need a whole group in order to get it - I honestly never thought Carnival would offer this program to individual passengers - but I'm sure glad they are - we can't wait to try it!

I cruised with the open bar card - we could get the small bottles of water on it. I liked that. I drink as much water as I do alcoholic drinks when cruising.

(could not use open bar card for those large bottles of water from the cabin)

From what I understand, bottles of water are not included with the awesome bar program.

The open bar program also includes a pre-selected (by Carnival) bottles of red and white wine at each night at dinner. They seat everyone on this program together and will have an open bottle of each and will keep pouring as much as you want. You don't need to order by the glass.

Also, the maximum cost per drink is higher. In Oct 2010 it was $12.25 per drink.

Archived