ItalianFemmy's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - US Inaugural

italianfemmy

So I was up taking photos of the splash zone and we were waiting for the muster drill alarm to sound. Finally happened shortly past 4pm and it was supposed to be at 3:30. Our Funnel Funatics roll call group was supposed to be meeting at 4 for the sail away party.

On our way heading forward for the muster drill, I realized we could potentially start moving during the drill and that I had forgotten to take medicine to prevent motion sickness. So, I told Latanya we needed to bolt to our stateroom really quick which luckily is forward and give or take the wait for an elevator ride from deck 3, it wouldn't take too long.

We got to our stateroom on deck 11 literally a minute later and our luggage was waiting outside the door. Yay! We dragged it into our room to prevent theft-ery. (Yes, I just made up a word.) And then I took my medicine to keep my tummy calm.

Let's talk about that for a second. Many cruises ago back when I was about 18 years old (so 13 years ago), I was feeling really motion sick. I get so sleepy when I take motion sickness medications, even the non drowsy ones and they knock me right out. So, I was fighting against taking the meds due to not wanting to miss the cruise but was miserably ill. Again, this was years ago. So, the only thing on that cruise that made me feel slightly better was to go out to an open deck and look at the horizon and feel the fresh air. A lady came up to me on that cruise and asked me if I was ok. I explained it was horrible motion sickness. She said she had just the thing for me and went up to her room and came back with a plastic bag filled with pills for me. What were they you might ask?

Ginger Root. You have to take them with food or they will burn your stomach, especially if you burp. But I swear I have never been motion sick again in all the cruises I've taken because I make sure to take my Ginger Root pills. There are zero side effects for me and I can enjoy my trip. I swear by them. Walmart rarely has them in stock but your natural foods stores or health stores should carry them and they're super cheap and a bottle lasts me for multiple trips!

Okay, so we're off to the muster drill.... we get seats right away and it begins around 4:07pm. Our station was the Ovation Theatre, Deck 3, forward.

CarnivalBreeze142.jpg

CarnivalBreeze143.jpg

I really liked the new 3Dish.. little trailers that they played on the big screen showing people evacuating the ship. So many people walked in super super late (like towards the end) and I couldn't help but shake my head thinking that the Concordia disaster really did just happen... it wasn't in the yesteryears of the Titanic anymore. I've been to a ton of these drills now but I still value the importance of them when we're talking about human lives and knowing where we're all supposed to go to make sure we can all fit on the boats. End rant.

Unless we really have somewhere to be, Latanya and I generally stay planted in our seats when a show lets out so that we can relax while people wait in line for elevators. We'd rather not be agitated unnecessarily if we can avoid it. So, after the theatre cleared out, I spent a minute or two taking a couple shots..

CarnivalBreeze144.jpg

CarnivalBreeze145.jpg

CarnivalBreeze146.jpg

CarnivalBreeze147.jpg

My impressions of the theatre decor were a little underwhelming but really it wasn't going to make any difference in my trip. I will say that the theatre looks a lot better in my photos than it did to the naked eye. I don't say that to brag about the photos but I was surprised when I looked at the photos that the colors were more vibrant than in person.

CarnivalBreeze147.jpg

My impressions of the theatre decor were a little underwhelming but really it wasn't going to make any difference in my trip. I will say that the theatre looks a lot better in my photos than it did to the naked eye. I don't say that to brag about the photos but I was surprised when I looked at the photos that the colors were more vibrant than in person.

I would have to agree (though I haven't seen it in person). Compared to the Dream and heck, even the Glory, the theater on the Breeze just sort of looks like a community theater to me. (just my observation).

Love your work, you are so very talented and I really look forward to the rest of your review!!!! Amazing, amazing, amazing pics!!!! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!! :D

Thanks!!! You're welcome! I love seeing my vacation photos make other people happy! :-)

I really liked the new 3Dish.. little trailers that they played on the big screen showing people evacuating the ship. So many people walked in super super late (like towards the end) and I couldn't help but shake my head thinking that the Concordia disaster really did just happen... it wasn't in the yesteryears of the Titanic anymore. I've been to a ton of these drills now but I still value the importance of them when we're talking about human lives and knowing where we're all supposed to go to make sure we can all fit on the boats. End rant.

So true - you would think (and hope) that more people would take safety a bit more seriously than they do. I, for one, would like to know what to do and where to go in case of an emergency. Being on a ship is not like being at a hotel - you can't just run out into the parking lot away from the building. On a ship, you are trapped IN the building. As you probably already know, the ship sinking is not the most likely (or worst case scenario, BTW). The worst case scenario on a ship at sea is a fire. Fire can spread very quickly on a ship, and although the crew has extensive training in fire fighting, as well as fire doors, etc., things can and do happen. Safety should be the HIGHEST priority over partying and eating.

Ginger Root. You have to take them with food or they will burn your stomach, especially if you burp. But I swear I have never been motion sick again in all the cruises I've taken because I make sure to take my Ginger Root pills. There are zero side effects for me and I can enjoy my trip. I swear by them. Walmart rarely has them in stock but your natural foods stores or health stores should carry them and they're super cheap and a bottle lasts me for multiple trips!

Just curious, what is the dosage and frequency that you take the ginger root pills?

Just curious, what is the dosage and frequency that you take the ginger root pills?

On rough days, I take one with breakfast, lunch and dinner... just one each time. But most days, I just take one with lunch and I am good. It also depends on whether the ship is newer or older. Older ships, I almost always have to take them 3 times a day because the stabilizers aren't as good.

Alicia, I totally agree about taking ginger root pills for motion sickness. I've taken them for each of my cruises, but only take one in the morning. I usually take my sea bands along also, just in case! But have never used those. I also got the patches from my doctor once, but never used those either. On one cruise, I took an 8-pack of small cans of ginger ale and drank one of those each morning also. But the pills alone work fine---for me!

Thank you for this review!

If you are interested in combining Egypt, Greece and Italy with a cruise I would highly recommend the "Holy Land" itinerary that Princess does. We did this a few years back and it was outstanding. I would love to see your pictures of that! If you added a few days to the start and end it would be stunning. Ours started in Athens and ended in Venice but I think there is a variation that begins in Rome.

Not sure if this was something new, but we were pleasantly surprised to not have a muster drill on an outside deck right by the lifeboats... then again we've only been on the Pride and Liberty - so not sure if this is just something specific to this class of ship? We were in the Sapphire Dining room - upper level, so no movies for us :( although Taylor, one of the entertainment staff was doing a wonderful modeling the life vests for us LOL!

If you are interested in combining Egypt, Greece and Italy with a cruise I would highly recommend the "Holy Land" itinerary that Princess does. We did this a few years back and it was outstanding. I would love to see your pictures of that! If you added a few days to the start and end it would be stunning. Ours started in Athens and ended in Venice but I think there is a variation that begins in Rome.

Sorry for a hijack, but have to quickly comment - this cruise sounds amazing. Just looked it up.. definitely adding to that "wish list" of cruises!

Alicia, I love your reviews, especially since my next cruise is on the Breeze.

I posted on Chris and Cassandra's review that it would be awesome to compile a "who's who" cruise someday, almost like a Blogger's cruise.

It's always a blast to run into fellow CCer's.

Thanks ! Best wishes on the magazine covers, you go girl !... :D

Hey Alicia, loved your review and pictures from your Dream cruise. I was excited to hear about you guys cruising on the Breeze as we really want to try this itinerary to see some new ports. You have a lot of fans that really appreciate you taking the time and effort to do the review. Hope you and Latanya are enjoying the holiday season.