Carnival Glory or Royal Caribbean Navigator of Seas?

Has anyone done both?

It's a tough decision as overall, RC will cost approximately 700.00 (this is spring break or early summer 2005). However, RC will also include a port in San Juan (haven't been there yet, but have twice been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. DH is not too thrilled about visiting St. Maarten again (one of the Carnival ports) but likes the $$ savings. However, we're also very eager to sail on one of the new megaships, and have heard that kids favor the RC programs.

I should mention it'll be myself, DH and our 10 year-old DD. We've done Disney twice, and the Eastern Caribbean is one of our favorite cruises.

Thanks!..Priscilla

FOr a 700.00 savings I would go with the Glory.

Although I have always sailed with Carnival and wanted to experience a Voyager class ship- so sailed the Voyager last year. Notice my next two cruises are with Carnival.

I liked my cruise on the Voyager but I had a better time with more choices on Carnival.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Isn't Navigator a brand new ship? My experience with Miracle was it was tons better then other older Carnival ships. I believe it is the ship and not the line. It seems to me the newer ships they put their best chefs entertainers etc. on them and pull out all the stops.

Read some reviews of the 2 ships from the review section of this board. That is where I have received some of the best information myself.

Anyway I haven't been on a Voyager class ship myself but hope to go on Mariner this fall. By then she will be about a year old. Huby wants to do Navigator but I like the fact that Mariner is like 3 hours closer so I don't have to fly.

We sailed out of San Juan when we took Fascination in 2000. It is a neat port. There is a wonderful tropicial rainforrest well worth seeing there.

I also hope to go on Carnival Conquest too. I guess that will be next year's cruise.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean

HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas

Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

Archived