Rebooking the same cabin at a lower price

I am in Australia and the rules for us regarding discounts etc is different. If the price of the cabin we have already paid a deposit for is discounted or cheaper, we have to cancel our existing booking and make a new booking. This will incur a $100 administration fee.

My question is if it is a substantial saving even after paying the administration fee, should I risk canceling my original booking and then rebooking the same cabin. What are my chances of losing that cabin to someone else before I can rebook it? I really like my cabin and don't want to lose it.

Has anyone done this before or is there another way to do it to ensure I get the same cabin back? My cruise is in November 2013.

Thanks all.

I am in Australia and the rules for us regarding discounts etc is different. If the price of the cabin we have already paid a deposit for is discounted or cheaper, we have to cancel our existing booking and make a new booking. This will incur a $100 administration fee.

My question is if it is a substantial saving even after paying the administration fee, should I risk canceling my original booking and then rebooking the same cabin. What are my chances of losing that cabin to someone else before I can rebook it? I really like my cabin and don't want to lose it.

Has anyone done this before or is there another way to do it to ensure I get the same cabin back? My cruise is in November 2013.

Thanks all.

I've re-booked and gotten the same cabin. Of course we don't have to pay a penalty. I've had a loyalty ambassador on board begin the reservation. Right before she pulls up the cabins available, I have my booking showing on my phone. I hit the cancel reservation button and confirm the cancellation and my cabin immediately shows up when the LA pulls up availability. She then selects what I have just released. It's likely you will have a little bit more time. But who knows when someone will be booking the exact same cruise at the time you cancel. The less time between release and re-booking the better, the way I see it.

Gina

Archived