beds

irishclover

If they are not the way that you like when you see your actual cabin, ask the cabin steward to change them and they will be rearranged by dinner time or earlier. If you don't meet your steward soon, just leave a note for them to make the change.

I think that typically if the registration names "look" like a married couple, the beds will be put together like a queen bed before your cabin is released for occupancy.

It's a good idea to request them ahead of time. This means your room steward only has to make your beds once on the very busy turnaround day, but it also means they'll be made up with the correct linens! Once ours were set up as twins instead of as a queen (which we had requested in advance) and although our steward happily changed the setup for us, we ended up still having 2 smaller top sheets and duvets which made the bed into a huge mess every night. I don't know if they'd run out of other linens (we did have the appropriate queen bottom sheet -- but nothing else was changed) or if it was just easier for him to do it that way, but it was less than ideal.

It's a good idea to request them ahead of time. This means your room steward only has to make your beds once on the very busy turnaround day, but it also means they'll be made up with the correct linens! Once ours were set up as twins instead of as a queen (which we had requested in advance) and although our steward happily changed the setup for us, we ended up still having 2 smaller top sheets and duvets which made the bed into a huge mess every night. I don't know if they'd run out of other linens (we did have the appropriate queen bottom sheet -- but nothing else was changed) or if it was just easier for him to do it that way, but it was less than ideal.

I hope you mean if the reservation doesn't appear obvious what the bed set up you would like would be. For example if the reservation looks like a married couple and yet you wish for them to be separate.

Sorry but I'm just picturing 2000+ passengers on every ship on every cruise thinking they have to contact NCL to request a bed formation. :eek:

If you booked with a travel agent, they can make the bed request as well as request you have additional pillows. Also can do request certain dietary needs like salt free, diabetic etc. If you booked through NCL, you can call them.

I hope you mean if the reservation doesn't appear obvious what the bed set up you would like would be. For example if the reservation looks like a married couple and yet you wish for them to be separate.

Sorry but I'm just picturing 2000+ passengers on every ship on every cruise thinking they have to contact NCL to request a bed formation. :eek:

Sorry, I should clarify -- by request ahead of time I meant either have your TA put it in your reservation or select the appropriate option when you book yourself online (I've only done that on RCCL so I'm assuming it's also an option for NCL?). My reservation may not look like a married couple to everyone since I don't share my husband's last name, which may be why we had a problem with this once even after our TA put it in the reservation.

Archived