Whats up with the cruise terminal at Noumea?

On the last Radiance Of the Seas cruise when we visited Noumea the cruise terminal was empty and yet we and the Pacific Pearl were at the cargo port. When I first heard that we were going to the cargo port was that the Radiance may be too big to fit in but surely it would fit as its built for the Panama Canal and is the same as the Pearl, Dawn and Jewel, and she only 40m longer. Then we arrived and the Pearl followed us in shortly after, so why on earth were neither of us at the cruise terminal, considering it was even open inside, with the markets.

On the last Radiance Of the Seas cruise when we visited Noumea the cruise terminal was empty and yet we and the Pacific Pearl were at the cargo port. When I first heard that we were going to the cargo port was that the Radiance may be too big to fit in but surely it would fit as its built for the Panama Canal and is the same as the Pearl, Dawn and Jewel, and she only 40m longer. Then we arrived and the Pearl followed us in shortly after, so why on earth were neither of us at the cruise terminal, considering it was even open inside, with the markets.

the only ships that stop at the cruise terminal is p&o or other small ships as RCCL & Princess are too big as for the Pearl not docking there that day it must have been unavailable

We have been to Noumea several times with Princess, initially on Pacific Princess - a smaller ship and more recently on Dawn and Sun Princess. We docked at the Maritime Passenger Terminal, except for one occasion when we were diverted to Noumea to avoid a storm and were the second ship in the harbour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So, we're not stopping there on Rhapsody? What a shame, I like the cruise terminal. Markets are great and you can get your passport stamped there.

as Sandie said you will stop at the cargo terminal and get a free shuttle to the tourist information

Just creates even more reasons for cruise ships to not go there.

I was on Radiance Dec 1-12, and it really isn’t a problem. The shuttle takes you (4mins away) to the markets where you can get your passport stamped. Really not anything to be worried about. The only thing people were a little miffed about was that it was Sunday and the majority of shops were closed. Still not something to get upset about though.

Archived