Considering crusing Costa for 1st time

Catnip

Hello,

I have been on about 28 cruises, or so, on other cruise lines (ie: RCCL, Princess, Cunard). We are considering a Costa 7-day Med cruise next year.

From the "regulars" here, would we find less children in May, or in Sept/Oct? Also, I know Europeans smoke a lot. Is the main dining room non-smoking, and what about the show lounges?

And one last thing, are the shows in English?

Thanks for your help!

There were hardly any children on my May trip. Schools return in September. October should be similar to May.

There is no smoking in the dining room and I don't remember the theatre being smoky. The Grand Bar was smoky during the morning when we waited to disembark to our excurions buses. Shows were mainly in English.

Enjoy!

Totally agree with Jo42. No smoking in dining room & main theatre. Lots of smoking in the lounges at night and while waiting for excursions to depart. There is a section at the back of the lounges reserved for non-smokers. Most nights, we sat at the very back & still had no problems seeing what was happening on stage. Seriously speaking, only shows worth seeing were the gala night shows & they were mainly in English.

Archived