The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

An AMAZING site - what a great effort Cruisetrail. Would you be able to offer any photos/comments on Solstice 7136 please? Many thanks for keeping us all so informed.

7136 on the Solstice.

No major obstructions, not too forward.

Not far from stairs.

Just good!

15fkgty.jpg

Cruisetrail, thank you for such a fabulous thread! I have just read all of it in one go :)

We are cruising first time Celebrity on the Silhouette and have booked 1661 which is a C2 concierge. I love the aft of the ship and tried to get somewhere quiet. Can you let me have your thoughts on this location? It would be much appreciated :)

1661 in the Silhouette is like 1664 but on the other side.

58l0x.jpg

1661 as seen on the Reflection (same location):

2vao8b5.jpg

Cruisetrail:

Hi!! Looks like we are going to move from a corner aft S-1 on deck sixth to a Royal Suite on deck eleven (on the Eclipse). The suite number is 1607, I'll appreciate any feedback or pictures. :):)

Hi drarill,

The pool deck in this area is slightly thicker than under the buffet.

So you can expect some more protection from potential noise.

Other than that - best location.

Hopefully they won't charge you extra for this change.:)

The regular price is too high for this ship.

ax1n4k.jpg

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruisetrail

We were thinking about upgrading to that suite when it became available yesterday! There was not an available cabin close enough to put our boys in. Enjoy it.

Our TA is holding the room for us. We booked this cruise late and didn't like our previous room. I'll try to enjoy it!! You should join our roll call!

Hi drarill,

The pool deck in this area is slightly thicker than under the buffet.

So you can expect some more protection from potential noise.

Other than that - best location.

Hopefully they won't charge you extra for this change.:)

The regular price is too high for this ship.

ax1n4k.jpg

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Cruisetrail, We were not crazy about the deck of our previous cabin. being on top of Tuscan Grill and having the blue roof in front of our balconies. We will have to manage with one bathroom, but I know we can do it. :D:D thanks again for all your help, you made me realize that we needed another cabin. Keep the good work, it is appreciated!

Our TA is holding the room for us. We booked this cruise late and didn't like our previous room. I'll try to enjoy it!! You should join our roll call!

Thanks Cruisetrail, We were not crazy about the deck of our previous cabin. being on top of Tuscan Grill and having the blue roof in front of our balconies. We will have to manage with one bathroom, but I know we can do it. :D:D thanks again for all your help, you made me realize that we needed another cabin. Keep the good work, it is appreciated!

We had a cabin in that area before , above Blu, and it was a great location

We would book it again if we were in a 2c

The balcony is an extra 2 to 3 ft in length, price was under $800 for two weeks what more would you want

Edited by Airbalancer

You are more than welcome!

What hump balconies to avoid?

There are quite a few inconveniently located balconies on the hump.

They are affected by the proximity of lifeboats (decks 6 and 7), or the overhang and the upper deck (decks 11-12 ; deck 12 on the Reflection).

Positive factors are proximity to the sea and balcony size.

This is a principle that works for both sides of the hump and both sides of the ship.

Red color - avoid

Yellow - I would likely not recommend for my friends

Green - best options on this ship

Examples are based on the Celebrity Sihouette.

Find your actual hump cabin number on your S-Class ship deck plans.

2dhwi6f.jpg

33xh2sh.jpg

k4ef4x.jpg

To be continued....

It's funny at you show 8228 as a cabin you wouldn't recommend to friends.

I can think of no more inaccurate information (from our opinion in using it). We just got off Solstice and it was a great cabin. Depth to the balcony. You could look down at the sea ( no life boats underneath), out or down ( if standing at the rail) along the ship. Bed is by the window away from the door.

We liked it so much we booked the same cabin for next year.

BTW..still loving all the pics. Great reference guide.

Edited by 6andy6

ughh I can't decide between 1075 and 9241 on Equinox. Seriously going in circles about this. Can't decide if its better to be closer to Oceanview Cafe or if 1075 is a better balcony with a better view. Stayed in 9241 on the last trip and liked it fine, but wondering if the other option is better??

ughh I can't decide between 1075 and 9241 on Equinox. Seriously going in circles about this. Can't decide if its better to be closer to Oceanview Cafe or if 1075 is a better balcony with a better view. Stayed in 9241 on the last trip and liked it fine, but wondering if the other option is better??

whoops I meant Silhouette. Not Equinox.

Cruisetrail:

Hi!! Looks like we are going to move from a corner aft S-1 on deck sixth to a Royal Suite on deck eleven (on the Eclipse). The suite number is 1607, I'll appreciate any feedback or pictures. :):)

you stole that suite didn't you.... I was watching the price !

Cruisetail, this is the most informative and remarkable thread I have found containing information about the Eclipse. I would greatly appreciate your advice on cabins for an upcoming cruise. I thought I had come to a firm decision for a cabin on deck nine on the flat part of the middle hump where my husband would have the widest, unobstructed view for taking pictures from the balcony. This is very important to him. After talking with my TA about concierge class cabins I thought, maybe a deck 10 forward hump would be nicer to have and the view would be comparable. Now, I am not certain that the forward hump, flat balcony, concierge cabin would have the same unobstructed view. Would you please advise?

cruisetrail

We have booked these two interconnecting cabins for our Summer cruise - have you any photos to show their location?

Are we likely to be troubled by cigarette smoke?

Do you think the lifeboats below will detract from our view?

Many thanks

Hi Cruisetail -

We are thinking about booking 6240 on the Silhouette and would greatly appreciate a picture, if possible. We would love to see just how "obstructed " the view really is. Thank you so much for this wonderful thread :)

Cruisetail, this is the most informative and remarkable thread I have found containing information about the Eclipse. I would greatly appreciate your advice on cabins for an upcoming cruise. I thought I had come to a firm decision for a cabin on deck nine on the flat part of the middle hump where my husband would have the widest, unobstructed view for taking pictures from the balcony. This is very important to him. After talking with my TA about concierge class cabins I thought, maybe a deck 10 forward hump would be nicer to have and the view would be comparable. Now, I am not certain that the forward hump, flat balcony, concierge cabin would have the same unobstructed view. Would you please advise?

Consider 9270 if available. It's one of the 1A's with a larger balcony and you have unobstructed views forward and to the side. On 10 you may have some issues with the overhang showing in shots.

We've had 9270 and it's a great location, quiet. Bed near the bath if you care about that.

Other recommendation is aft on 9 or 10. Great 180 degree views on sail-aways. we had 1208 on Solstice with a slightly larger balcony.

C2-2149 /2147/ 2145 Concierge Class Cabins Info CELEBRITY ECLIPSE

What is your thoughts on the above cabins?

I booked all 3 for a family celebration ( all adults, no kids).

Picked deck 12 as I thought it would be easier for a family member to navigate as he is visually impaired ( uses white tip cane). Less cabins then some other decks that have cabins running the full length.

Please offer what opinions ( good bad & the ugly) that you wish to share.

Pictures would be GREAT. Better deck choices?

Other Cruisers: If you have booked this cabin (2149) and/or stayed on deck 12 share your thoughts also.

This is our FIRST ever cruise.. want to do it right.

TY

2our50th... & Family

Edited by 2our50th
for name of ship!

LKN-NC - Would a deck 10 cabin on the forward hump (not too far forward) be in danger of the overhang?

Not the overhang but possibly the bridge would block a forward view although its interesting to watch the officers.

look at posts#43 and 44 in this thread, there's a few good shots of the forward cabins on the hump.

What a GREAT thread!!! Thank you!!!

I'm hoping to book a cruise on Silhouette - not sure if I want an SV or CC cabin.....can you please tell me the best AFT cabins - looking at the wake, for both of these category's - I'm looking for the AFTS with the larger balcony in both category's. I think I read on here one of the posts said that SV 8344 had a larger balcony.

Also, I've seen some comments on whether the bed was by the balcony or the bathroom, is there a difference in the cabin to which side the bed is on?

Thank you, thank you!!! :D