The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Not the overhang but possibly the bridge would block a forward view although its interesting to watch the officers.

look at posts#43 and 44 in this thread, there's a few good shots of the forward cabins on the hump.

Thanks LKN-NC!

@deelastcre: 1626 should be fine as long as the persons in the stateroom above you are not jumping around all night ;-) No overhang, no pool/gym above you. And AQ with blu!

Anything on 1519 or 1521 i might have missed?

Could change to the other side (1512) but above are treadmills...

1646 is possible, too - but i think it is not better than 1519?

Yes, i want to stick with AQ because of blu :-)

Edited by UniPac

Maybe a timely reminder for everyone (and those that don't knw).

Don't forget the sticky thread at the top of the Celebrity forum where people post their opinions of various cabins. Do a search on there before asking here as you may have your answer sitting there waiting for you already.

For example I have posted my views of hump slant 8228 which I thought was great and had no viewing issues (as long as you wanted to see straight out, forward or down). Have even posted some pics of it.

Not everyone posts pics tho.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...911018&page=95

Cruisetrail ~ I'll add my thanks to the multitude who have thanked you, and so deservedly so.

I found your thread when I went searching for pics/info on our cabin 1044 on Silhouette and I'm happy to find its a good one.

My TA recommended it, and happy I took her advice. :)

Keep up the outstanding work.

Does anyone know if all the S1 cabins on the S class are the same size? The deck plans look like they may not be. Thanks.

They vary in size a little bit. Some are longer and narrower, some are shorter and wider. We've stayed in an S1 on deck 9 on Eclipses and an AS Deck 12 on Reflection (should be same as S2). Storage is a little LESS in an S1 than the S2/AS on the side of the ship. The S1 also has a smaller sofa and chair instead of the longer sofa with no chair we found on the side. I do think it varies by deck as I've seen some S1 images with the longer sofa. Some also have 2 poles and some have 1. Maybe the spreadsheet or actual pics you can find by searching for particular cabins can help?

Hi drarill,

The pool deck in this area is slightly thicker than under the buffet.

So you can expect some more protection from potential noise.

Other than that - best location.

Hopefully they won't charge you extra for this change.:)

The regular price is too high for this ship.

ax1n4k.jpg

Enjoy your cruise.

We're just off Reflection in an Aquasuite which is in the same basic area as your Royal Suite (second Cabin into hump from rear). We DEFINITELY heard some noise from the pool deck, early mornings and late nights mostly that bugged us a little and generally woke me earlier than I would have liked. I wasn't in the cabin too much other times, but it was definitely not heard as much when I was there. It was the only disappointment with this area of the ship, otherwise it is a great location. I've seen the cabin and it is beautiful for sure, much nicer than the S1, but you'll have to decide if that makes up from having only 1 bathroom with your boys.

Happy Sailing!

Great resource for the S-Class ships. Too bad I hadn't seen this last year when I was on the Solstice (Cabin 7118) or I would have taken some pictures. I did list the cabin on the S-Class cabin thread.

Too bad the cabin I have booked for next year (9225) isn't reviewed yet. From what I can tell it's a great cabin with the only issue being the glass on the balcony being covered by the X.

They should add this thread to the sticky!

We're just off Reflection in an Aquasuite which is in the same basic area as your Royal Suite (second Cabin into hump from rear). We DEFINITELY heard some noise from the pool deck, early mornings and late nights mostly that bugged us a little and generally woke me earlier than I would have liked. I wasn't in the cabin too much other times, but it was definitely not heard as much when I was there. It was the only disappointment with this area of the ship, otherwise it is a great location. I've seen the cabin and it is beautiful for sure, much nicer than the S1, but you'll have to decide if that makes up from having only 1 bathroom with your boys.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the feedback!! Is really one and a half bathroom. We'll manage!! Hope the noise doesn't bother my husband too much. I'm an early riser, and we are cruising the Baltic, we have five days at sea and long tours on port days!! Thanks again :):)

They vary in size a little bit. Some are longer and narrower, some are shorter and wider. We've stayed in an S1 on deck 9 on Eclipses and an AS Deck 12 on Reflection (should be same as S2). Storage is a little LESS in an S1 than the S2/AS on the side of the ship. The S1 also has a smaller sofa and chair instead of the longer sofa with no chair we found on the side. I do think it varies by deck as I've seen some S1 images with the longer sofa. Some also have 2 poles and some have 1. Maybe the spreadsheet or actual pics you can find by searching for particular cabins can help?

Thank you for your input on this. Much appreciated!

I am booked for 1626. Anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about this cabin?

Thanks! I really appreciate all of the info on this thread. I just booked 1670 or 1674 on Eclipse.(I am not near my confirmation.) Now, I am thinking that I might need to change my cabin. I generally book C1 Midship, but didn't have that option. I am worried about seasickness.

Great pictures and info. Can I ask you to advise which is the best SV on Eclipse? We are currently booked in 8353 - But if there are better decks/cabins in this class please advise. DH is stuck on an SV - so please let me know if there are balconies slightly larger or better located than our selection or if we are good to go.

Thanks so much :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for interior pictures of a veranda cabin with an Upper Berth and Convertible Sofa bed. I've searched through this thread but so far haven't found any interior pictures.

We've just booked 9225 on the Solstice.

We booked this cabin based on a bad experience that we had a couple cruises ago where we had a rather loud family of four beside us. By booking this cabin we know the cabins on either side only hold 2 people.

I've never been in a cabin that is equipped to hold more than 2 people. Just looking to confirm that the inside will be roughly the same as a regular cabin. I think the Upper Berth hides up in the ceiling and wouldn't be noticed if not used.

Great thread by the way.

Edited by RickT

Hi Cruisetrail,

We have booked on the Celebrity Eclipse Cabin 1081 & I would be very grateful if you would give me your thoughts about this cabin.

Many Thanks for the thread - it's so informative & helpful

blismem62

hi there! we booked 7159 on the eclipse for the 14 night carib next year. I made a quick decision on that room based on the sticky that has room details (and the 1,2,3 deal was over the day I booked). do you have a picture of that room? this is my husbands 1st cruise and my second (last one being when I was a teenager). any thoughts? I was going for big balcony, with hopefully some shade (I think about the sun and burn to a crisp!). is that room too far forward for sea sickness?? I didn't have any as a kid, but who knows now! DH is letting me plan everything and I don't want to let him down!!! TIA

Also, thanks for this awesome thread! it's been very helpful!!:)

jen

Hi Cruisetrail,

Thanks so much for your thread, have enjoyed looking at it.. A quick request, on post #202 you overviewed deck 14 with the ocean view cafe deck above it. Could you please do it again starting where you left off with cabin # 2121??

Thank you so much, jim

Edited by jimmyjam

Hello...We have some group space on the Silhouette, and I am trying to find the great cabin. We are looking at the SV and the cabin numbers are:

7311 , 7315 , 7317 , 7319 , 8351 , 8353

Does anyone have any pro/cons for any of these?? I did look at the spread sheet, but really did not help me to much.

Thanks!

Sheila

We are also looking at 8348...I think this one has a larger (wider) balcony than the others....is this correct??

Thanks!!

Hello...We have some group space on the Silhouette, and I am trying to find the great cabin. We are looking at the SV and the cabin numbers are:

7311 , 7315 , 7317 , 7319 , 8351 , 8353

Does anyone have any pro/cons for any of these?? I did look at the spread sheet, but really did not help me to much.

Thanks!

Sheila

Just upgrade to a c2 cabin on Silhouette. Cabin 1075 forward, port angle balcony. Would you have a picture? Will the overhang bother us in this cabin? Loved reading all the reports. Thank you for your hard work compiling this info.