The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

7147 is "yes or now".

It does not have a lifeboat below on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.

However, an open smoking area is one deck below.

Silhouette and Reflection have additional lifeboats that affected 4-5 cabins forward from the hump angle on decks 6 and 7 on both sides.

7147 is #6, so it's not too bad.

7147 is corresponding to 7194 on the opposite side.

10d6qlj.jpg

we are in 7193 on Eclipse, never sailed before with Celebity, is our state room next door to this one on Eclipse too, with no life boat under ? Hope we have picked an ok room

we are in 7193 on Eclipse, never sailed before with Celebity, is our state room next door to this one on Eclipse too, with no life boat under ? Hope we have picked an ok room

7193 on the Eclipse is over lifeboats (actually the largest ones - tenders)

2r7q5n4.jpg

Sorry but deck 5 is a very popular place for smokers,may not float up to deck 7 but on the Equinox last week any time we walked on deck 5 there were smokers there. It is the only place mid ship where smoking is allowed.:eek:

Yep, and I think it is the most convenient smoking area near dining. Most people go out there to smoke before and after dinner.

Excellent info on cabins. Were in 0205 deck 9. I hope it is a good as we think. If any problems i will try and upgrade to the aqua type ?

9205 is not a bad one (for Celebrity S-Class).

There are lifeboats below but not too close.

Another factor: 9205 can be partially observed from the hump balconies.

In my opinion, (generally speaking) Aqua is not an upgrade unless it's a "free upgrade" and location is good. The problem with Aqua balconies: many of them have bad location.

The closest to 9205 "My Upgrade" would be 9215.

The Celebrity Solstice as an example:

zvu8ih.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Viewing your photos and tips is better than anything we have seen on any of the threads or posts. Well done for all the help you give people like us who are new to all this, and it helps us to view for further cruises.

Jackdec [fat but sliming irishman]

happy new year to you from ireland.

Thanks for the photos. As well as bringing the new year in. We are viewing your photos. Have you any tips of good cabins in aqua and are the room any different.

Aqua rooms are not different. All standard.

A minor difference - hand held shower.

The most tempting are "first from the hump" 1610 and 1605 (on the opposite side) with extra deep balconies.

However, you need to note that those cabins are located right under public deck and still close to the overhang.

2u5z03d.jpg

Several OK balconies are on the "forward hump" (marked green and yellow):

29594ci.jpg

Note: 1552 and 1547 are also "first from the hump" with extra deep balcony.

Same potential issues plus a "cleaning spider":

se16h3.jpg

The aft Aqua cluster is not bad.

Two decks below the overhang - not critical (only lower parts of beamses, reasonable shadow).

Lifeboats below, but far below.

1ifw40.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Viewing your photos and tips is better than anything we have seen on any of the threads or posts. Well done for all the help you give people like us who are new to all this, and it helps us to view for further cruises.

Jackdec [fat but sliming irishman]

happy new year to you from ireland.

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

I still remember the Medieval Banquet in Banratty Castle.

Hi Cruisetrail, I just wanted to thank you for your input on the sunset veranda cabins, we never noticed that our two were a bit wider than standard but that will be nice with our kids having one big balcony. Keep sending us all these great pictures and info when you have time. I hope you and your family have a safe and happy New Years!!!

Aqua rooms are not different. All standard.

A minor difference - hand held shower.

The most tempting are "first from the hump" 1610 and 1605 (on the opposite side) with extra deep balconies.

However, you need to note that those cabins are located right under public deck and still close to the overhang.

2u5z03d.jpg

Several OK balconies are on the "forward hump" (marked green and yellow):

29594ci.jpg

Note: 1552 and 1547 are also "first from the hump" with extra deep balcony.

Same potential issues plus a "cleaning spider":

se16h3.jpg

The aft Aqua cluster is not bad.

Two decks below the overhang - not critical (only lower parts of beamses, reasonable shadow).

Lifeboats below, but far below.

1ifw40.jpg

Cool! We're in 1110 in April! Looks awesome!

I keep seeing the word "beamses" on recent threads. Is that right? I thought the singular was beam, and the plural was beams. Is it different in nautical terminology? Confused. :confused:

You are correct: beam (beams).

Actually those huge metal parts on Celebrity ships are not beams.

I use "beamses" very occasionally because this is a popular "definition" on this board.

I prefer to call them "supports". Some call thiem "angled columns or stanchions".

Those parts are actually struts that help Celebrity superimpose wide upper deck over narrow superstructure.

This results in an enormous (never seen on other ships) overhang.

To prevent this huge overhang from collapse really strong and heavy (real) beams (or double upper deck) are needed - as internal support.

Celebrity uses external supports - struts.

In this case struts save weight.

However, aesthetically this combination looks ugly - like a building still under construction.

Another problem - struts spoil views from upper balconies.

Thank you for your attention to this detail.

Wow - this is just information overload for me - lol. I do try to research a cabin before I book but now I'm feeling like I've made a bad decision. We have Eclispe 1663 for 14 nights in 2014. Looking at the photo of the Sky Suites now I wonder if I should have saved $$$ and just gone with a regular aft - is that the Sunset Veranda? Are these aft wrap suites worth the money? I wish I could get a sense of the view from the aft wraps - it is our very first and I sure feel like we are paying alot for it. Plus from the photo the suites themselves look dark to me. Can anyone clarify?

Wow - this is just information overload for me - lol. I do try to research a cabin before I book but now I'm feeling like I've made a bad decision. We have Eclispe 1663 for 14 nights in 2014. Looking at the photo of the Sky Suites now I wonder if I should have saved $$$ and just gone with a regular aft - is that the Sunset Veranda? Are these aft wrap suites worth the money? I wish I could get a sense of the view from the aft wraps - it is our very first and I sure feel like we are paying alot for it. Plus from the photo the suites themselves look dark to me. Can anyone clarify?

Should I pay the extra $800 and upgrade to a Celebrity suite. Larger but not on aft, although 1663 is the wrap balcony so larger than other Sky suites. I'm so confused - lol.

We like our corner sky suite as we love aft cabins but do wish we has a CS. I would avoid deck 12, 10 and probably 8 S1s as deck 12 is below a public space and possible noise, deck 10 has an obstructed view and deck 8 is slightly obstructed. If $$ isn't the issue, I would book the suite...

If you can get a suite like 1618 on the hump with the really big balcony, I would probable do it for $800 for a 14 day cruise.

Edited by need2bespoiled

Aft corner Sky Suites have their specific pros and cons.

But I don't think they are dark except 2151 and 2146 that are only a sort of dark (but private) because of the overhang (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse). The Silhouette &Reflection have no overhang at that very place.

154tu0l.jpg

2akb3py.jpg

I got many a good pint in the pub called Dirty Nellys across the road from it. Thanks for the info and photos.

Do you think an upgrade to Aqua is worth it for the extras you get with the room, even if we ger a free upgrade ?

Jackdec

I got many a good pint in the pub called Dirty Nellys across the road from it. Thanks for the info and photos.

Do you think an upgrade to Aqua is worth it for the extras you get with the room, even if we ger a free upgrade ?

Jackdec

It all depends.

Aqua perks are Blu and access to spa steam rooms.

If I book a balcony cabin - my priority is the right balcony.

On a cruise we normally spend formal nights in MDR. Then two nights in specialty restaurants. One night in the buffet.

For us just two nights in Blu is not worth it.

Steam rooms are good but without a hydropool (Celebrity does not have it!) it's only 1/2 of the experience.

So I would rather book a balcony I want and spend the difference on extras.

I would try Aqua as a "special offer" for a minimal or no extra charge if location is good.

Edited by cruisetrail