Gem Penthouse Suite 9002

wwb

Just returned from the Gem and I wanted to post a few comments about this penthouse because I was really concerned about whether or not we would be able to use the balcony after reading some posts here.

First off, the balcony is wonderful and we used it every day (except last rainy day), not just port days. There are 2 doors to open to get outside, one is a regular ship door and the other is a really heavy duty metal door with a big handle-type thingy to open. The big door can be hooked onto the outside wall when opened.

There is a sign there telling you, for the sake of the safety of the suite's passengers and the possibility of high winds to use it only when in ports. I called the Hotel Director on embarkation and she said that it can be used as much as each responsible person deems appropriate.

One thing that is important to know is that at night, no major amount of light from the cabin should come out to the balcony because it interferes with navigation which is right above the suite. What we did was to shut off the cabin lights before going out to the balcony at night. The stars were so beautiful!

We felt that the cabin was purely magical and we spent a great deal of time out there. Our butler even helped to set up lunch one day out there for us (Yes, we were moving!).

So, do not worry about whether or not you will be able to use the balcony you paid for. If the weather is OK and not raining, you can use it. If there is lots of wind, there is still the area that is somewhat protected right outside of the balcony door, that you can move the chairs to and sit there.

So, enjoy this beautiful Penthouse Suite!

Wendy wwb

Archived