Rio sailaway

Acrusa

Rio is a beautiful port to sail into or out of.

Sailing in last week the CD gave a narrative at 6 AM!!

I wasn't awake until then...I thought it was the guest next door with his TV on!!! But you are right...great views...coming or going!!!

BTW...Deb and Jim didn't make it to the hotel either...got an email saying traffic was awfull...not too surprising considering our disembarkation debacle...never again in Rio with 4 ships in port, right???? LuAnn

I wasn't awake until then...I thought it was the guest next door with his TV on!!! But you are right...great views...coming or going!!!

BTW...Deb and Jim didn't make it to the hotel either...got an email saying traffic was awfull...not too surprising considering our disembarkation debacle...never again in Rio with 4 ships in port, right???? LuAnn

I don't know what your disembarkation debacle was, but we had one too.

We had made arrangements with the Marriott to send a car to pick us up...and they never dispatched one...until we finally called and they basically said "oops, we forgot." They wound up not charging us, but standing out in the heat for 90 minutes with all of those other cruise ship passengers was....well, you know.

Next year, we may do what Mark and Joanne did (who we met up with again at the hotel). They left the ship on the first night, and avoided the crowds .

We will either do that - or - we will simply get off the ship on the first day in the afternoon and fly home.

But I have learned my lesson for next time. Joanne had the cell phone number of the driver, who texted her to say he was running 5 minutes late for their pickup. We had to borrow a local person's phone, and she called the Marriott for us...then we waited on hold for 30 minutes until the nice woman asked for her phone back. Finally Jody called and got through to someone...

Never again is right.

We are just getting settled again. Cruising is hard work :). Who's taking care of of dinner tonight??? (and breakfast and lunch)

It was great to see you again. Say hi to Kenneth please.

Archived