Allure cabin suggestions for family cruise

It has been recommended that I post this question here also

We are a family of 9, 3 children under 4, and want to have ocean views for all adults, and a separate bedroom for the children, not just a couch in a living room. What are the best options for cabins for us? Looked at PS suite, but seems two of the four bedrooms do not have windows. A suggestion was made for the Aqua suites, hard to tell if windows in both bedrooms. Anywhere we can get a real layout of the suites? can't find it online. We are also concerned about babysitting, as we wish to book for all 7 evenings in our cabin, not in the kids club. It would be very expensive to take along another adult to babysit. Thank you for your feedback.

Cruises with Carnival-1, never again; Celebrity-3 , Costa-1, Crystal-2, Princess-2, RCI-3, both E and W Caribbean a few times, Bahamas, So Caribbean, Panama Canal, Baltic, Greece, Alaska, Barcelona to Lisbon

There are not windows in both bedrooms in the Aquatheater Suites. 2 of the bedrooms in the PFS have sliding glass doors. Personally, I would book the PFS and would give the kids the rooms without windows and put the adults in the 2 masters. Then you can just have the sitters come to one room. The PFS is amazing!

thank you for your reply, we are six adults, so we need 3 bedrooms for all the adults with windows for all of us,

our latest idea was to get the family suite with an adjoining ocean view with balcony, that would be for 4 adults and the 3 kids in the bedroom with no window, and get a loft suite for the other two adults (namely us grandparents)

anyone have experience with being able to fit two twin beds and a crib or pack and play in the second bedroom of the family suite?

thank you for your reply, we are six adults, so we need 3 bedrooms for all the adults with windows for all of us,

our latest idea was to get the family suite with an adjoining ocean view with balcony, that would be for 4 adults and the 3 kids in the bedroom with no window, and get a loft suite for the other two adults (namely us grandparents)

anyone have experience with being able to fit two twin beds and a crib or pack and play in the second bedroom of the family suite?

That sounds like a good arrangement. This past spring break my family had a RFS on Mariner. One of my best friends had the RFS just below us. They had 5 adults and twin boys age 10 months. The twins and their parents slept in the inside bedroom. It was tight, but workable. The rest of the space in the suite is great.

In our suite we had a 4 and 5 year old. It was great to have a dark rooom for naptime. An adjoining balcony cabin is great. The RFS suite has a HUGE balcony, It will make a great family vacation. You might want to consider a GS for yourselves as the CLS are not really close to the RFS (or maybe that's a good thing;)) Enjoy.

thank you, did the children sleep on the pullmans? i can't see how we can fit a pack and play for our third grandchild on the floor, with the two twin beds not put together as a queen, even as a queen i do not see any floor space to fit a crib in the second bedroom of a royal family suite on the allure,

and we also thought there are two balconies on the sky loft suite #1720, one private with only ocean view, instead of only overlooking all the activity and noise, we just looked at a video of this suite on you tube, and also one of the royal family suite.

i guess our best bet may be to get 5 ocean view balcony rooms,

with two sets connecting, and put one grandchild in one room,

and two grandchildren in another with their parents connecting,

and us in the fifth, or get some other cabin for us,

we want privacy to sit in robes on our balcony without people looking at us

and I was hoping for some suite config so we could utilize the concierge lounge, and have concierge services,

we really want at least 4 real bedrooms with doors, to fit three kids in one room, not necessarily with window, and three real bedrooms with doors for the three sets of adults with an ocean view, unless one set of adults is in own space and then a loft would be ok

we also were hoping for at least one bathtub to bathe the kids easier

thank you, did the children sleep on the pullmans? i can't see how we can fit a pack and play for our third grandchild on the floor, with the two twin beds not put together as a queen, even as a queen i do not see any floor space to fit a crib in the second bedroom of a royal family suite on the allure,

and we also thought there are two balconies on the sky loft suite #1720, one private with only ocean view, instead of only overlooking all the activity and noise, we just looked at a video of this suite on you tube, and also one of the royal family suite.

and I was hoping for some suite config so we could utilize the concierge lounge, and have concierge services,

we really want at least 4 real bedrooms with doors, to fit three kids in one room, not necessarily with window, and three real bedrooms with doors for the three sets of adults with an ocean view, unless one set of adults is in own space and then a loft would be ok

It seems that with the size of your group there may not be a realistic way of accomodating all of your wants and wishes. Although you are going on the largest cruiseship in the world you have to go with the cabins and floorplans available. I wish there was a solution to your problem.

The best way might be to get the largest suite available with a connecting/adjoining balcony cabin or maybe an adjoining Jr. Suite. With two maybe three side by side suites you can accomplish getting close to what you want. To have a cabin with a bath tub you need at least a Jr. Suite or higer category. Maybe someone else can suggest a better plan. Good luck.

On our cruise, we had the beds separated and the 5 year old (almost 6) slept in a pullman. I think there is room at the end of the bed on the side with the vanity for a pack-n-play. My friend who had the RFS with twins is currently on Mariner but will be back tomorrow. I'll check with her about how it worked for them. It really is a wonderful arrangement for a large family and using the connecting balcony stateroom.

I understand about wanting the adults to be able to use the Concierge Lounge. I would suggest that you list the adults in the RFS and the children in the connecting balcony cabin. That would not be a problem since they are connecting. RCI doesn't care where people sleep. I would also look at GSs and OSs with a connecting balcony and do the same thing as far as booking. Also, there is plenty of room for the kids to play in the living room part of the RFS. We just used the inside bedroom for sleeping.

Check out the site: cruisedeckplans.com You'll have to pay the 1.00 fee, but then you not only get room layouts, but actual pictures of most of the rooms from people who stayed there. An excellent site for all kinds of info!!

It has been recommended that I post this question here also

We are a family of 9, 3 children under 4, and want to have ocean views for all adults, and a separate bedroom for the children, not just a couch in a living room. What are the best options for cabins for us? Looked at PS suite, but seems two of the four bedrooms do not have windows. A suggestion was made for the Aqua suites, hard to tell if windows in both bedrooms. Anywhere we can get a real layout of the suites? can't find it online. We are also concerned about babysitting, as we wish to book for all 7 evenings in our cabin, not in the kids club. It would be very expensive to take along another adult to babysit. Thank you for your feedback.

Cruises with Carnival-1, never again; Celebrity-3 , Costa-1, Crystal-2, Princess-2, RCI-3, both E and W Caribbean a few times, Bahamas, So Caribbean, Panama Canal, Baltic, Greece, Alaska, Barcelona to Lisbon

thank you to everyone that responded, it is so helpful to hear other points of view, we have been agonizing about our setup, and this is what we finally came up with, we decided to take along a full time babysitter instead of hiring ones in the evening if available at $19/hr, i was nervous about not being able to book until we were on the ship,

so, we have four ocean view balcony rooms, two each are connected, and only two staterooms apart on deck 12, this will accommodate our daughters, sons in law, babysitter and three children, and grandma and grandpa got an ocean side facing crown loft suite. we are so very excited and blessed to be able to take this family cruise, and thank you again for all your input

thank you to everyone that responded, it is so helpful to hear other points of view, we have been agonizing about our setup, and this is what we finally came up with, we decided to take along a full time babysitter instead of hiring ones in the evening if available at $19/hr, i was nervous about not being able to book until we were on the ship,

so, we have four ocean view balcony rooms, two each are connected, and only two staterooms apart on deck 12, this will accommodate our daughters, sons in law, babysitter and three children, and grandma and grandpa got an ocean side facing crown loft suite. we are so very excited and blessed to be able to take this family cruise, and thank you again for all your input

Sounds like a great arrangement. Have an awesome cruise and enjoy your CLS!

Archived