Costa Mediterranea Caribbean cruise

paperclips

I'm debating to take the 10 day cruise from Miami. The price for a solo isn't really bad. Although I have cruised with Costa before, yes I'm well aware of the different languages (which doesn't bother me) and English speaking people put on the back burner (which isn't right but hey). I read somewhere that it's different when Costa cruises the Caribbean. Does anyone know about that?

I'm a little nervous in light with what happened with Costa recently, however, like I said price is right for a pretty darn good itinerary and going as a solo, I think. I'd have to pay a lot more with Princess and Celebrity and don't feel like spending too much next year.

Plus it looks like their all inclusive drink package is reasonable altho I'm not a big drinker but when I travel I do drink a glass of wine or two (seeing as I don't have to get behind the wheel :))

Any advice. I've cruised several times before, Princess being my top favourite!

Thanks

having cruise with costa in the middle-east and SE asia, the only difference i noticed in the caribbean was the toga night on the last night of the cruise. otherwise, it was business as normal.

i did a 'live' thread while onboard mediterranea: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1741791

my biggest complaint was the cancellation of a tour in belieze. this was also a tender port, and even though costa cancelled my excursion they wouldn't let me off the ship right away so i could arrange my own tour. if you are going to just relax and do nothing, fine. if there are things you want to see, be wary of booking this cruise.

I'm debating to take the 10 day cruise from Miami. The price for a solo isn't really bad. Although I have cruised with Costa before, yes I'm well aware of the different languages (which doesn't bother me) and English speaking people put on the back burner (which isn't right but hey). I read somewhere that it's different when Costa cruises the Caribbean. Does anyone know about that?

I'm a little nervous in light with what happened with Costa recently, however, like I said price is right for a pretty darn good itinerary and going as a solo, I think. I'd have to pay a lot more with Princess and Celebrity and don't feel like spending too much next year.

Plus it looks like their all inclusive drink package is reasonable altho I'm not a big drinker but when I travel I do drink a glass of wine or two (seeing as I don't have to get behind the wheel :))

Any advice. I've cruised several times before, Princess being my top favourite!

Thanks

IF you are a seasoned traveler, by all means book Costa. Does it really make a differance if english is spoken as third or fourth language?

But, if you book a shore excursion, and you are comfortable, always book the excursion in "italian." That way there is less of a chance of your excursion being cancelled.

I have learned to do it this way. I have never been on an excursion where the leader does not speak a little english.

I was on the Mediterranea trans-atlantic last month, the tour office suckered me into booking a tour in english and I took the bait after explaining to them that they always cancel the english speaking tours.

Yup, they cancelled the tour in english and i re-booked the same tour in italian.

Of course you can always book your own excursion ahead of time on shore.

I've been on Princess before and Costa is a lot more entertaining for me.

Archived