Volleyball

Calyn2323

The volleyball court, basektball court and ping-pong tables are first come, first served. The only times they are reserved is for Camp Carnival or Club02 "tournaments" or, sometimes for adult tournaments, but these are reserved by the ship staff, not individual cruisers.

Where you check out the ball varies from ship to ship. Could be at the purser's desk or on the lido deck (near the pool).......just ask when you board. You could also bring your own deflated ball and a pump so you don't have to hassle with checking one out-----if you have room in your luggage!!!:)

PS.....I've never seen the volleyball court too busy so you should have no problem getting a game together with your friends.

• 11 months later...

Go up really early in the morning with all the Carnival towels you can find and lay them on the v-ball court, with your shoes and sunglasses, sunscreen, books etc.

It will be ready for you when you need it;)

Calyn: What ship are you sailing? We just booked the Liberty. A volleyball court was a must for our family. Many ships have the basketball/volleyball court combined. I think those with the separate court would be better since the basketball courts are used frequently. From other post I have read, I would definatly bring my own ball especially if you are a serious player. I have heard that the VB's on ship are sometimes in bad shape.

I would love to find a "volleyball" group cruise. If there is enough interest in your particular sailing for VB, you may speak with the CD about scheduling a tournment. I'm trying to talk some of the parents of my DD(13) Junior Olympic Volleyball team and her Middle School Team into taking a group cruise next year during Easter week. I just hope my DD finds other teens her age with similiar VB interest on our Thanksgiving 2006 sailing.

Just "DIG" It!

Archived