Wheelchair Rental in Coz ?

AllAmericanAmy

Hi - Sailing in on Norwegian Star using Punta Langosta Pier (I think). Anybody know of anywhere close that rents wheelchair for a few hours?

I saw you can rent them thru Norwegian partner for on ship ... anybody know if you can just rent them for the DAY?

Cozumel is the only port where we'd like to do a lot of exploring on foot and have someone in party that needs some help.

Thanks for any advice...:o

We'been there a few times and I can't say I've seen a place that rents them. Perhaps checking with the ship to see if they have one you can use off of the ship would be of help? We have found the NCL staff to be excellent to work with. You could email or call them to get it arranged? On a second thought, if you are not flying to your departure port, I think they would be fine with you bringing one on the ship. Not sure if any of this helps?

I recall reading something about wheelchair rental on this site, but can't find it right now--you may want to give it a try.

Also, I did a quick Google search and found a little bit of information. According to the Cozumel My Cozumel site, wheelchairs are available for rental at some of the island's pharmacies (Scroll halfway down the page). Don't know about the cost.

That said, I'd definitely do a bit more research and maybe ask the folks at Norwegian for some more information.

Good luck!

Archived