Do I Need Permission Letter????

sargeman82

I am booked on my first ever cruise. Taking my wife, daughter (16) and two freinds (also 16), for daughter's sweet sixteen present. Do I need permission letters to travel with two teenagers who are not related to me???

Thanks for the help.

I am booked on my first ever cruise. Taking my wife, daughter (16) and two freinds (also 16), for daughter's sweet sixteen present. Do I need permission letters to travel with two teenagers who are not related to me?

Yes you do!

I would check w/cruise line to see if they have form letter. Also make sure you have authorization for medical treatment, and make sure everyone has certified copy of birth certificate (or preferably passport). If using b.c., a government-issued i.d. may be required - check w/cruise line or US Customs on this, as it may depend on age. Better to have all the bases covered than be turned away at the pier.

The letters must also be notarized,signed by both parents and give you permission to make any medical or emergency decisions for the kids. It's important that the letter is signed by BOTH parents, even if the parents are divorced because they will not let you board if both signatures aren't on the notarized letter.

I travel with my grandsons and always obtain the form from the local AAA office and then have it notarised. Having said that- no one from RCCL or HAL has ever requested to look at them....... AAA says you need them to protect Cruiseline from liability in case you were abducting them. Permission for medical treatment and travel insurance are all a MUST.......:)

yes, you must have a notorized letter specifying that you have permission to make medical decisions for these minors. I think RCI had something about this in the guest check-in form that I filled out online....fine print! ;)

July '06? - They will ALL need Passports then. Effective 12/31/05 all cruise passengers must have a valid Passport, so if they don't have them make sure they get them.

But they will still need that notarized letter.

But they will still need that notarized letter.

Oh yes, definitely... My comment was just that they would ALSO need Passports to get back into the US since they're cruising after 12/31/05.

I am taking my 18 year old neice with us on our cruise. we leave this sunday..my sister has given me a letter stating the she and her husband give myself and or my husband temporary custody of her while we travel, and she put the dates...she got it notorized but my sister nor my brother-in-law signed the letter....will this be ok....we are going on carnival

thanks for any info:confused:

I am taking my 18 year old neice with us on our cruise. we leave this sunday..my sister has given me a letter stating the she and her husband give myself and or my husband temporary custody of her while we travel, and she put the dates...she got it notorized but my sister nor my brother-in-law signed the letter....will this be ok....we are going on carnival

When something gets notarized, the notary public is affixing their seal and signing it stating that the person that signed the letter is the person in front of them. I don't know how you can have a notarized letter that neither of the parents signed.

Archived