Drink Package Review

NovCruisin

DH and I got the premium alcohol package for our 8 night cruise recently. We went in thinking we would probably break even or come out on top...and we were right!!

We really enjoyed the packages. We would have specialty coffee in the morning (white chocolate mocha, etc.), fruity drinks by the pool, tea before dinner, wine with dinner and martini's at night, with tons of large bottles of water in between

We kept the receipt from the total, and although they are all $0.00 we counted the amount of times swiped and it comes to 123 swipes. There were several times (mostly at dinner) that our cards were not swiped due to the waiter being busy or some other reason, so I know that the number of swipes should be more than that. :D

We had 8 nights with 2 adults having the premium package, it cost: $894.24 (we took advantage of the 10% off sale)

What we actually spent: $984.00 (approx.) (this is by taking $8/drink times 123 swipes...most wine we got was $10-$12, fruity drinks $7-$8, martinis $10-$12, coffees $6...so we probably spent more than that)

I would highly recommend :) We would do it again without second thought!

Just wondering.... I always left a $1.00 or $2.00 tip when I bought drinks without a package as they included a 15% svc charge in the cost of a drink. How does one tip with a drink package? I am assuming that I would still leave the $1 or $2 tip as before.

Just wondering.... I always left a $1.00 or $2.00 tip when I bought drinks without a package as they included a 15% svc charge in the cost of a drink. How does one tip with a drink package? I am assuming that I would still leave the $1 or $2 tip as before.

Just let the waiter/bartender know that you would like to add additional gratuity. If you have the drink package, you never have to sign a slip unless your drink is over the $8 or $12 limit. So if you want to leave an extra tip, they have to print one out for you.

Just let the waiter/bartender know that you would like to add additional gratuity. If you have the drink package, you never have to sign a slip unless your drink is over the $8 or $12 limit. So if you want to leave an extra tip, they have to print one out for you.

This!

If you have a drink package you have already paid the gratuity when you buy the package

Archived